PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Members Area > Gallery Announcements

Old 08-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Thumbs up

Michal:

Fabulous work, as always!!

Do you have a special punch for your rivets and for cutting all of those perfect square or rectangular openings in the track link parts?

Jim
Old 01-31-2011, 01:22 AM

awesome work!!!

i wanna ask you something..what do you use for grass and sand in your diorama? is it can be found in our environment??
Old 02-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Eternal Member

Thumbs up

Fabulous!
Jim
Old 02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned

Every time I see a build like this I instantly like up in the right hand corner and, Lo and Behold, they're from Poland!! That is probably one of the finest tracked vehicle models I have ever seen!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Every time I see a build like this I instantly like up in the right hand corner and, Lo and Behold, they're from Poland!! That is probably one of the finest tracked vehicle models I have ever seen!!!
I agree, we are way behind the curve compared to what comes from Polish builders. But remember, how long have they been modeling in card, as to how long we modeled in plastic. This is where we fall short. Do not get me wrong, many builders outside of the Polish Country are accomplished builders, but just do a search thru this Forum and the models that belong in a museum, look @ where the builder is from?????

Every time I see a master piece like this, I too feel if he can do this w/card, so can I. At least thats what I keep telling myself. The one thing I have noticed about these types of build, they are built the way we use to build in plastic, assemble and paint, attach to location. We tend to just build and leave as a printed subject.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Hello,
Many thanks for so nice words. I just notice that you asking for some explanations. I'm working hard on new project what I'm going to show soon.

@Jim: No I don't have any special tool to cut the rivets. I'm using Olfa knife. Of course not all rivets are good. I think 5-10% of them I have to throw away but 90-95% looks fine and I'm using them.

@Arsenna: As sand I used normal but very tiny sand mixed with pigments. As a grass I used tiny sawdust painted different green colors. Everything I connect to base using white glue mixed with dark yellow or green water paints. I know now that these materials are strange but this is my first diorama and that time I had no other materials.

@Zathros: Thanks. Because original paper model on this M-113 was so simple I decided to add something to it because this is very nice looking tracked vehicle. I got a lot of help from my friend and I found a lot of pictures and drawings so why to do not try.

@Papercut: I don't want to create any special story but personally I think the reason why we have so many card modelers in Poland is that for long time Poland was very pure country and first we had a problem to get plastic models as well as right paints and second, average monthly income was around 20USD so we couldn't develop our skills in plastic models building. Only paper models were available for us. This is why I made only 4-5 plastic models made in Russia and more than 100 card models so far. During last few years quality of paper model increase a lot (I'm not sure if you saw Maly Modelarz from 1970-1980 and if can compare it with what e.g. Halinski publishing now) and also our skills grow. Now, we have all newest plastic models available in Poland and we have money to buy them (average monthly income is above 1000USD now) but still card modeling is very popular in Poland. OK, but this is only my theory.

Michal
Old 05-27-2012, 09:46 AM

Wow, amazong, great detail. How long you built this model?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 36.39 MB
WOW! You did an outstanding job Michal! I love the diorama too!