PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Sci-Fi Game Development > Game backstory and descriptions

Old 01-15-2010, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The Schnarshruk Menace

The Hecate are coming. He had heard that sentence several times now. He was tired of hearing it. But now, as weird as it was, it was him saying it. He touch the armor-pad of Corporal Smisson. "Hei, Smisson, you'll fire only when I tell you, okay?" Smisson smiled back. "Sure Sarge. But I sure hope that our bullets penetrate those hard skins..." Me too, Sargent Alma thought to himself. For what he knew, and didn't share with his platoon, the Hecate were unstoppable. Then he saw a movement behind the brushes. "Left high", he shouted, "first and second squad fire small arms." And the sound of firing weapons filled the air. The vegetation was eclipsed by that burst... And when everything settled... a lonely figure stood there. Arthropod like... Cold... Serene... Then it made an ugly wailing sound. Alien to its core. And quickly, several other creatures jumped from cover and charged the barricades. "Fire, fire, fire!" Sargent Alma shouted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schnarshruk.jpg (36.1 KB, 15 views)
Google Adsense
Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 PM

Humans... How boring...

The Schnarshruk fighter rolled hard to the left, the Gs making the composite hull scream inside the cockpit, and he fired it's pulse lasers against the last of the Fourth Defense Squadron fighters. The human ship seemed to absorb the damage and then opened up like a flower of flames. Just for a brief instant. The schnarshruk fighter flew near and then moved near the freighter full of assault squads to take the planet. The pilot looked/felt the sensors with his antennae. No more enemies to be found. He made a low sound with his carapace. Boredom and irritation. He was one of the best fighters of his nest. The Queen knew that. Why wasn't he fighting the Narrooolk? That was a challenge! Why was he sent here? No glory here. No amusement. Just cleaning up. The humans... How boring...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schnarshruk fighter and freighter.jpg (48.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-16-2010, 11:56 AM

Enemy territory

He watched the horrible alien squad while they tracked his path. They were moving exactly where he wanted them. Brave as they were, they couldn't think in the way he planned things. Guerrilla warfare. He smiled coldly.

He was one of the first to have the AWP in his body. Artificial Weapon Prosthetic. Damn. It still hurt and he still felt his lost right hand. But this new weapon tech that was fed by his own energy was the only thing capable of killing in conditions the damn Hecate. While the human force, scattered by the aliens onslaught fought to regain it's feet, he and several thousands more were sent to enemy territory. Drooped behind enemy lines. His duty? To kill, destroy, wound, suppress and damage.

When the Schnarshruk grunt called the squad leader to see the drop of blood he left there on propose, all the squad lost it's attention. He jumped from his hiding place inside the stream. His body a surge of energy in his weapon. They were fast, and several of them still shot their long staff energy weapons, but to no avail. Dead bugs.

His exoskeleton rattled with fury. Sheeshachk looked around absorbing the mayhem. Seven fighters destroyed and pilots and ground crew dead. One of those stealth human troopers. They already had killed more than five hundred of these warriors. But they already had made a terrible destruction. On account of that the invasion had halted for a while. Sheeshachk decided that he now had learned three things. There were thousands of enemies in Schnarshruk territory. These warriors knew that sooner or later they would die. The humans weren't weak as they initially thought. Sheeshachk opened his feeding limbs in a smile. Good sport.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ambush.jpg (75.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
This is under consideration to be the second core race. I have a favor to ask though - you refer to them both as the Schnarshuk and the Hecate. I would prefer to just call them the Hecate. I dont want different races referring to the same race with different names. It just makes it too hard to remember who is who.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:20 PM

I don't think that we have a problem there. We will call them generally the Hecate in every rules. In the fluff text, they call themselves "The Schnarshruk", it adds detail and richness but it doesn't impair the rules. What do you think?
Google Adsense
Old 01-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Design Admin

works for me!
p.s. claudio dias will be working on these models once you have the sketches done for the ships
Old 01-22-2010, 01:54 PM

The Hecate Shagorn Class Cruiser

Here comes the first one for Claudio.
He can start with it.

Even with the new rules added.

In one hour or two the Freighter, the Destroyer and the Fighter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hecate cruiser.jpg (67.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Design Admin

ok! cant wait to see what he does what colors do you want the ship to be?

I understand the hex base now too looking at this one. I would suggest putting the numbers more in the middle of each hex section though so they are not quite so close together.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
OK! cant wait to see what he does what colors do you want the ship to be?
Brown, shiny like some Beatles. Maybe golden brown, or bronzed green. Organic metallic. Do you know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
I understand the hex base now too looking at this one. I would suggest putting the numbers more in the middle of each hex section though so they are not quite so close together.
You're right in separate the rectangles. I'm doing the Hexes in Corel Draw so later it will be easier to do that.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Design Admin

I know what ya mean, i just didnt know if you wanted to specify or give claudio free reign
Google Adsense