PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Sci-Fi Game Development > Game backstory and descriptions

Old 01-23-2010, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Setting that didn't fit in to the frame...

I'm not sure if the human race has already been taken yet, but I think I'm only good at doing a human-based setting, so let there be more than one human-derived factions, maybe :D This would be the setting I use throughout, if it gets the green light.

The Solar Fleet: from the cradles of human civilisation, the fleet has existed for almost as long as humanity's history interplanetary maritime history itself. The part of human race which resides in the now populated solar system has formed a long-standing federation with the constituents existing in perfect harmony. The solar system is a tiny place within the galaxy, but the resources present on the planets and outlying asteroids are enough to provide these humans with all the necessities of a huge cosmic fleet, with capital ships alone hundreds of thousands in number. The existence of this fleet is of absolute necessity, as numerous threats from other human factions and else are constantly trying to prey on the star system filled with prosperity. Although still dwarfed when compared to the Cosmic Union's Peacekeeper Fleet, which represents the human race in the vast expanses outside the solar system, the Solar Fleet have always been able to manage a good fight against the former. However when together the human race was threatened by something more alien than mere political differences, the Solar Fleet has agreed to act in cooperation with the Peacekeepers. --Well, most of the times...

Insignia and flag details follow
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
we will likely have different humanistic style races as add ons
Old 01-23-2010, 06:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The fluff isn't really appropriated for our universe, as we will reveal it soon, but there will be human splintered factions for you to pick. Can you upload a sketch of you ships ideas? A cruiser, a destroyer and a freighter would suffice for now.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
I really like Lex's idea, speaking from the view of someone who would really like to play a human faction. How about you guys try to incorporate it, definitely would make for a great playability choice.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:28 AM

There will be a fleet, but numbers, goals and fluff will be later added. And it won't be lensmen style I guess.
Google Adsense
Old 01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
whats a lensman?

In any case other humanistic races will be in add ons
Old 01-24-2010, 02:56 PM

E. E. "Doc" Smith" - The lensmen series. :(
Chris, we won't be able to keep talking with you if you haven't read the Lensmen Series

Go now! Go read and we'll wait.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Erm Lensmen?

I know we have very different ideas in our heart as to what things should be like. This difference should not limit our thoughts, I shall say... :D
Old 01-24-2010, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Yeah, from reading through the development of this game, I can tell there are some differences that each person has, and I suggest having a team to make up races and such. They would still be a part of the same game.That way there can be variety and stuff.....

Just throwing my 2 cents
Old 01-24-2010, 03:47 PM

You are right, The Orange, but still there must be some coherence or else we'll have killed the suspension of disbelief. And that is really a killer.
Google Adsense