PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Gary Pilsworth's projects

Old 02-26-2011, 03:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Another British classic jet

Heres another classic jet on the go.....
the BAC Strikemaster
Attached Thumbnails
Another British classic jet-capturewiz183.jpg   Another British classic jet-capturewiz184.jpg  
Old 02-26-2011, 03:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Blunty!!!

Kiwi markings like the old Matchbox one...?
Old 02-26-2011, 05:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
wow, wow, wow..........
Other dream model.
And, what scale, Gary?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Blunty!!!

Kiwi markings like the old Matchbox one...?
Textures started.......
as for the scale... dunno yet maybe 1:48
Attached Thumbnails
Another British classic jet-capturewiz190.jpg  
Old 02-27-2011, 06:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Great choice Gary! I can't remember seeing any flying although I may well of done but I used to watch the Jet Provost's hammering around various airfields.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.69 GB
The bird appears as an kiwi.....
Old 02-27-2011, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
GREAT model!!!!! they were beautiful birds
and ironic:(:( that you should post your new design today , one of them crashed yesterday:( landing in new york

Vintage jet crashes in Hudson near Kingston, NY
KINGSTON, N.Y. — A vintage military jet, now privately owned and flown in air shows, crashed into ice on the Hudson River on Saturday as it came in for a landing at an airport in Kingston, authorities said. The pilot was missing and feared dead.
A search for the pilot, identified as Michael Faraldi, 38, of Germantown, was suspended late in the evening, state police said.
Divers searching the river for signs of Faraldi discovered that the front section of the plane, including the cockpit, had struck the river bed in about 5 feet of water, police said. The search was expected to resume Sunday.
The accident happened at about 1:30 p.m. near the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge, which spans the river midway between Albany and New York City.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Holly Baker said the aircraft was partially submerged after the crash. Only one person was known to be aboard the plane when it went down.
Faraldi was piloting the plane from Nashville, Tenn., to an airport in Ghent, N.Y., state police said.
The jet, a British-made BAC 167 Strikemaster, was headed to Kingston-Ulster Airport from an airfield Johnstown, Pa., when it went down, Baker said. The aircraft made a low pass over the airstrip before hitting the river.
There was no immediate word on whether the pilot reported any problems before the crash.
The jet was a type of training and light attack aircraft first made in the late 1960s and used by various air defense forces in the Middle East, Africa, South America and elsewhere. In recent years, it was owned by Dragon Aviation, a company that flies fighter jets in air shows all over the country.
A snarling green dragon adorned the jet's nose.
"This has got to be a bad dream," said the company's president, Andy Anderson, as he traveled to the crash scene Saturday afternoon. He said the pilot, who he declined to name, was "a good, good friend."
A person who answered the phone Saturday at Kingston-Ulster Airport said he couldn't answer any questions. The airstrip predominantly serves recreational aircraft and is home to a flying school. It sits just a few hundred yards from the river.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
That's very sad news.

The RAF's Jet Provost were cute little red and white things "whooshing" over the fields and hedges. Their replacements, the Tuccano, has nowhere near as much character.

D
Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
sad to hear about one crashing, probably with fatal results for the pilot.... Gary, any chance of a series of markings of this one?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Great Choice for a model Gary - Used to have one of these permanently situated at a Boy Scouts Club in Stapleford {Nottingham} They used it for showing what goes into building them, and with the hope of catching the eye of a COULD be PILOT I used to look around it, but alas didn't own a camera then. The finish was all Aluminium {i think} She looked great for sure
Google Adsense