PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Gary Pilsworth's projects

Old 01-30-2012, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker View Post
Digitizing of a manually drafted paper model is most easily done by scanning. What is not clear in this case is who did the scanning and with what authority. I would expect a site to explain (and perhaps be a bit proud of) the achievement, but no information is given. Also why have the downloads become unavailable at about the same time as other events. If the downloads become available again perhaps the vendors could be asked.
I see what you mean, and it will certainly be important to check. Maybe they are legitimate scans, but were hosted on MegaUpload and have been lost.

The thing that confuses me about this site is that it is so little advertised - I found it whilst doing a Google image search for the Firefly, and had to bookmark it.

Looking closely, the photographs from the two sites appear to have been taken with the same backdrop and, although it is difficult to tell because the construction is so neat, I think they are of the same actual build. I hope the new site is legitimate, as I would like to add this one to my collection.