PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Gary Pilsworth's projects

Old 01-21-2017, 10:16 PM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
Sure looks more like a Navajo to me. The side view lines are more navajo. I flew a Navajo, sure looks like what I flew. I don't remember the apachee having that type of interior. But, you never know though.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
Gary, how is the Apache going?

Best wishes.
working on the cockpit, just about done now
Name this bird-capture3.jpg
and props to do then UV mapping and textures to finish
Old 01-22-2017, 07:16 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
It is coming out beautiful!!! Check the photo of that year's instrument panel and control wheels. Just for information
Attached Thumbnails
Name this bird-apache-instrument-panel-control-wheels.jpg  
Old 01-22-2017, 07:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richschindler View Post
Sure looks more like a Navajo to me. The side view lines are more navajo. I flew a Navajo, sure looks like what I flew. I don't remember the apachee having that type of interior. But, you never know though.
I'm very familiar with the Apache model PA-23 1956 model because my father owned one. It had four seats only so Gary's rendition is accurate. The Navajo was a much larger aircraft that seated from 5 to 7 passengers with pilot. The Apache as modeled seated only 4. Later versions with additional side windows and stretched fuselage seated up to 6 including the latest variation which was the Aztec.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
How about a change in colour someone should recognise this one
Name this bird-capture4.jpg
Old 01-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPilsworth View Post
How about a change in colour someone should recognise this one
Attachment 305237
I'm very excited!!!!! You know exactly who recognised it. Thanks Gary, I'm building now the Tri-Pacer. Coming out very nice.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Banned

Gary, the right engine propeller shows an inverted pitch. Like if it was a pusher, Please note. In the Apache, both props turned to the right as seen from behind, like all American airplanes.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:25 PM

I was looking at #503 here, and that's no apache. Side view is totally different. Apache is much rounder. I got my multi rating in a Apache and I flew several hundred hours in a Navajo. The two planes are not even close. Go back to #503, it shows a much larger cabin with seats facing one another in the rear, with a separation between the pilots and pax.

QUOTE=Edubarca;568621]I'm very familiar with the Apache model PA-23 1956 model because my father owned one. It had four seats only so Gary's rendition is accurate. The Navajo was a much larger aircraft that seated from 5 to 7 passengers with pilot. The Apache as modeled seated only 4. Later versions with additional side windows and stretched fuselage seated up to 6 including the latest variation which was the Aztec.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-22-2017, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richschindler View Post
I was looking at #503 here, and that's no apache. Side view is totally different. Apache is much rounder. I got my multi rating in a Apache and I flew several hundred hours in a Navajo. The two planes are not even close. Go back to #503, it shows a much larger cabin with seats facing one another in the rear, with a separation between the pilots and pax.

QUOTE=Edubarca;568621]I'm very familiar with the Apache model PA-23 1956 model because my father owned one. It had four seats only so Gary's rendition is accurate. The Navajo was a much larger aircraft that seated from 5 to 7 passengers with pilot. The Apache as modeled seated only 4. Later versions with additional side windows and stretched fuselage seated up to 6 including the latest variation which was the Aztec.
[/QUOTE]

I already stated above that the brochure was of the Navajo. You are absolutely correct. The Apache is completely different in every aspect. The only thing in common with both aircraft is that they fly!! However, the card model IS AN AUTHENTIC PIPER PA23 APACHE. That's for sure.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 PM

Ok, great. I thought I missed something. We're all on the same track. Yes indeed Gary's APACHE is looking incredible. Cannot wait to see the finished product. BTW. I liked flying the old Apache much more than the Navajo. The Navajo had issues.