PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Gary Pilsworth's projects

Old 01-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richschindler View Post
Ok, great. I thought I missed something. We're all on the same track. Yes indeed Gary's APACHE is looking incredible. Cannot wait to see the finished product. BTW. I liked flying the old Apache much more than the Navajo. The Navajo had issues.
My dad loved the Apache, His only complain was that it was underpowered with 150 hp Lycomings. Especially here in Bogotá at 2.650 MASL. He would never fly it from Bogotá with full load of 4 people plus luggage and tanks filled. He always said it was easy to fly and reliable. Also very comfortable. Later models had 160 hp engines up to the Aztec which had much bigger power plants. Those were the days!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 10:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 669.56 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
My dad loved the Apache, His only complain was that it was underpowered with 150 hp Lycomings. Especially here in Bogotá at 2.650 MASL. He would never fly it from Bogotá with full load of 4 people plus luggage and tanks filled. He always said it was easy to fly and reliable. Also very comfortable. Later models had 160 hp engines up to the Aztec which had much bigger power plants. Those were the days!!!
I agree. Fun and reasonably cheap to fly (then) but many conditions would make single-engine flight untenable. Often the best course of action, if one engine failed following takeoff, would be to retard the other throttle and land in a field. Lots of transportation for the money when everything worked, though.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
A bit more done tonight, still not happy with the stripes but its getting there...
Name this bird-capture5.jpg
Old 01-23-2017, 03:39 PM
Banned

Gary, here's another picture which shows more clearly the stripes. Haven't found on the top of the engine nacelles but I'm searching. I also enclose another of the instrument panel.

Good luck!!
Attached Thumbnails
Name this bird-1785450.jpg   Name this bird-0189745.jpg  
Old 01-25-2017, 02:51 PM
Banned

Hi Gary, any luck with the Apache? Just curiosity!!
Old 01-26-2017, 12:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubarca View Post
Hi Gary, any luck with the Apache? Just curiosity!!
Thus so far......
Name this bird-capture6.jpg

As you can see all unfolded, still need to finish the tail textures and correct the wing markings.
Then onto the usual diagram instructions
Old 01-26-2017, 01:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPilsworth View Post
As you can see all unfolded, still need to finish the tail textures and correct the wing markings. Then onto the usual diagram instructions
Looking great. Thank you for your dedication .

Regards,
John
Old 01-26-2017, 07:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryPilsworth View Post
Thus so far......
Attachment 305468

As you can see all unfolded, still need to finish the tail textures and correct the wing markings.
Then onto the usual diagram instructions
Gary, thanks. Just a small issue: The registration was painted blue, the same as the livery. Coming out beautiful!! Can't wait to make it. Please try to make instructions as clear as possible step by step if it is not too difficult. Thanks for your efforts trying and succeeding in satisfying modelers' wishes. This keeps the hobby alive and growing!!
EDUARDO
Old 01-26-2017, 10:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.26 GB
Thank you very much for all the lovely models you have been making available to us. But please remember there is a lovely young lady that also needs your attention.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob neill View Post
Thank you very much for all the lovely models you have been making available to us. But please remember there is a lovely young lady that also needs your attention.
I'm sure Gary hasn't forgot his girl. Rest assure. But when she is sleeping he can design beautiful models.