PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Sci-Fi Game Development > General game discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
yes - thats the plan and what we devised.... everything kind of fell apart when we couldnt find people to test gameplay.... gotta get this thing going again!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I would be all over this with about 25+ years experience in paper/pencil tabletop gaming. I just have way too much on my plate right now though.

So I understand.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:25 AM
Design Admin

yeah - seems to be the way of it no worries and thanks for letting me know! Might hit you up another day!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I have a couple of ideas for this, but to be honest, I didn't read every post, so if any of this has been said already....

1) I think the space combat / strategy portion could be based on RISK. I submitted this idea to Trekcore a few years back and they balked, so I sent a letter to Milton Bradley and now you can see the Star Trek theme running through several of their games.

2) The "Planet fall" combat could be based loosely on Elite Force I & II with a taste of the original "Starship Troopers" the RAH version, not that horrible movie.... There might even be an open for a Doom3 sort of nightmare scenario... Additionally, I always did like the idea and concept of Secret of Vulcan Fury, which never did get finished, of course there are so many other games that come to mind as well....

3) Depending on the time available and the sort of ships required, props, sets, etc... I'd be willing to volunteer some model development.

Sorry, if I'm waaaaay off on these suggestions, just random musings.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Chris, another place that you can try for marketing and drawing more interest (once the game is finished), are your local sci-fi/fantasy conventions. Any GOOD convention will have a gaming room. Just contact the organizers and tell them about your game and see if they will be willing to allow you to set it up either in a gaming room, dealers room, or in the midway hall. That way you can demonstrate it as well as generate pre-sales. You might even be able to get sponsors.
That is how Wizards of the Coast started the game "MAGIC".

Either way, I wish you the best of luck.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Design Admin

Thanks! Pretty much a dead idea unless I can get some people with more gaming experience to help me with the game system.... Available time is a pretty big factor too
Chris
Old 11-02-2011, 07:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.8 KB
I like the idea, not too much gaming experience here! lol
Old 11-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
If you seriously want to get this going you should recruit some folks at the Cardboard-Warriors forum to play test and contribute. The primary function is to expand paper gaming. PM me if you want more info. I hate to see this idea die.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.8 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I hate to see this idea die.
I agree, Paper gaming is better, if you need more pieces you make more! nice and cheap, and it's not that much if a new piece comes out. I hate to see it die too.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.49 MB
I would use civilisation (picture attached) as a base for base and region development, and ground combat being a simple one of getting a 6, 8 or 12 sided dice and rolling for highest, with small losses to nothing too damaging, and an area lost. Technology through development or purchasing from each other. Agriculture to support bases/cities for an army development from small of 6 sided that is dropped. The area to use decided through space combat of ship on clear plastic rod with base of starting on a side and can push another from an area by fighting. Ships can then be used a resources for construction (they had limited fuel and are also transports), along with light general transports. Fighters can attack bases, which have air defence, and defend with own fighters to intercept. A settlement game. Though bit like Sid Meier's civilisation, the main purpose is development.
Attached Thumbnails
Sci-Fi Game-civ.jpg