PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Sci-Fi Game Development > General game discussion

Old 01-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
What is general discussion?

This is to get general ideas down before moving into the other more specific areas in game development - its purpose is to keep the other areas from getting too cluttered.
Google Adsense
Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I've read a great interview with Bono of U2 lately, where he revealed his secret behind his great songs. He said you need to get a great chorus, and then make chorus the song, and work hard to get even better new chorus to top it.

I suppose making a hit game is similar. Let's slow a bit - when we'll get things moving let's determine what parts of the game are the best, scrap the rest, make them the regular part of game and work hard to top them with even better stuff.

This would make the game uforgettable.

What ya think?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Design Admin

Interesting concept.... i had to read it three times and it gave me a headache well not really but we better get the core game figured out first then decide from there heh heh
Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 AM

Agreed. What lehcyfer offers is a good thing when we start, but now we already know what we want, so we must use another way of being creative. Build a form and start cutting and adding to it, knowing already what we want in the final.

A modular game where we can add races and units.
A game that can be played in a campaign, using the full system of one strategic game and 3 tactical ones or a single skirmish of any one of the 3 games. (A player might like space games but not ground combat games, so he can focus only in one of them.)
A game that is always growing and evolving but without losing the simple aspects of it.
A game where players can build and show their paper skills with the community.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:37 AM

I wonder whether we could make a Wiki project for this game design - we could build rules and add fluff and designs easily, with place for discussion and all put together nicely in hierarchic system where everything has it's place and everything is in it's place.

Ultimately making the new rulebooks would consist simply of copying pages from wiki and putting them together into pdf file...
Google Adsense
Old 01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Design Admin

I have a wiki ready to go... I personally havent had time to develop it. I will also only want 2-4 people working on the wiki to keep down confusion and no more than one person (and me) working on any given section...

If you want to help with the wiki please pm me.... I dont want to give the link out live to everyone. Ronin's base rules will be a great start to the wiki (even though I have not read yet) as most of the core concepts we need to work out before we progress too far are in there in some way shape or form.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
I will keep myself out of the wiki, the others would have enough authority to edit the wiki anyway, and new ideas needs to be discussed in the forum and not added in to wiki right off.