PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Sci-Fi Game Development > General game discussion

Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Opening the game?

Doctormax suggested scenario cards... I rather like this idea - it gives each game a unique flavor. It will determine what the overall game objective might be as well as maybe requirements to complete each phase based on race. It will also make a nice developing storyline if played in order. How these will work exactly I dont know yet.

Another opening option would be a quick play option where players wont build for specific goals and objectives but just to gain dominance of target planet. This would make for faster setup and play.

thoughts or other ideas?
Google Adsense
Old 01-17-2010, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
It can be simple scenario choosing for one off battle when you're playing for fun and don't want to immerse in campaign mode - you pick a phase-deck and choose card randomly - it can be Ambush, Convoy, City assault, River crossing, Mines! or any other scenario from that particular phase.

In Campaign the cards would be used for random encounters - they would range from Pirates attacking your convoy to a Aliens invested spacewreck which closes on one of your planetary systems - you can choose to shot it down or get cleaned up with your space marines - when you can get some new technology or refit item for your spaceships - if wreck reach a planet then you've got planetary assault with Aliens devouring your population and turning it into new Aliens.

The possibilities are endless.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
WOW! That is a GREAT aspect I didnt think of! Random encounters with simple scenarios is an awesome idea
Chris
Old 01-17-2010, 09:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I agree. And an easy thing to do.