PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Sci-Fi Game Development > General game discussion

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
thats pretty cool
Old 01-29-2010, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
It's cool, but the same problem persists: Why computer games didn't kill mini games or boardgames?

The reason, I think, is that besides the human local interaction, we like the real 3D stuff in our hands and beneath our eyes.

Video killed the radio stars, but for now, digital games didn't killed tabletop games.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
not killed but they are sure much less prevalent. I used to sit and play board games with my cousins for 12-14 hour stretches dont see kids doing that kind of stuff anymore.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:19 AM

But that reason is not game related. Is society related. People spend less time with their kids. Work, computer, tiredness and computers and playing consoles keeping them calm does that.

The kids in my family love playing boardgames and miniature games with me and my brother. The reason is: we play with them and we don't let them spend hours playing alone video games.

Sundays we have the tabletop gaming afternoon and when we cannot play with them, it's a problem

So I guess it's really not the prevalence of video games, it's a question of time availability.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 AM

From my point of view video games are not so fun as some years ago, where the gameplay was simpler and straight. I had fun to see how graphics improved, game after game. Now everything is so much complex and difficult just from the beginning that the whole risks to be a boomerang against the video games. I believe there is a new interest in tabletop games. The hard is to find near to you the right companion who has the same taste.

ULTIMATUM TO THE EARTH. Follow the story in progress.
Google Adsense
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 AM

PaperMakeIt: That is the really beauty of Internet. You can always ask for gamers that live near you and then pick one with the same interests. And luckily he doesn't have foul body odours...