PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Sci-Fi Game Development > General game discussion

Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehaggard View Post
At this point they are just sketches I am doing at cgutzmer's request.
I see them as the basis for many "factions" - the PDF would be layered with various colors and markings for faction identification.

I may rework the module ships for sale on the store side of Ecardmodels and make them layered as well, leaving the first version of the model online for those who just want the models for other reasons.
No please, leave it open for now, unless Chris wants to go in another direction. Think of this models as the basic lines for one faction. You can make a lot of different models with these basic lines for that faction, including fighters and ground vehicles.

And off course a general model for those (poor souls ) who don't want to play our game.

Please refer to the forum today later or tomorrow to see the playable skeleton of the game that I'm creating.

But I like these ships.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 135.67 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
No please, leave it open for now, unless Chris wants to go in another direction. Think of this models as the basic lines for one faction. You can make a lot of different models with these basic lines for that faction, including fighters and ground vehicles.

And off course a general model for those (poor souls ) who don't want to play our game.

Please refer to the forum today later or tomorrow to see the playable skeleton of the game that I'm creating.

But I like these ships.
Leave what open for now?

The way I read his messages here and to me is that each faction will have access to the same ships... like they are ancient and fixed without much new building going on. Factions are distinguished by modification and colors.

I am just going by some emails Chris has sent me, but I will look at what you have posted earlier.

-M
Old 01-18-2010, 08:20 AM

Yes. That was the first idea from Chris and it made sense in what he first devised, but we are moving into another direction, not certain, of course, but please leave it open for now. I think that the design of your ships would be good for the basic "Earth" human empire and maybe later with some modification to some of the human spin off colonies, but we can wait to hear from Chris.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
Yes. That was the first idea from Chris and it made sense in what he first devised, but we are moving into another direction, not certain, of course, but please leave it open for now. I think that the design of your ships would be good for the basic "Earth" human empire and maybe later with some modification to some of the human spin off colonies, but we can wait to hear from Chris.
Hummm... what I see on the thread is that you two have some disagreement and not a unified direction.

I see him saying one game, one set of ships.
I see you saying three games and several sets of ships.
I don't see anyplace where you come to agreement on this...
... but that is why I hate forums... they compartmentalize discussions.
you have a dozen discussions about ships going on in different places.

-Michael
Old 01-18-2010, 08:34 AM

Michael:

Trust me. Me and Chris are working in more or less the same direction. And we have agreed to try something in between. Keep looking and you will find it. But you can always wait to hear from him. Meanwhile I used your drawings for the test game. I hope you don't mind. I need some help in something. Please refer to the new thread I'll put in in some minutes right here.

Joaquim
Google Adsense
Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Eternal Member

Okay... will check.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Are you saying that each fraction will use the same set of designs...? No that's not possible by any means......
Old 01-18-2010, 12:21 PM

I thought that basic types of ships are identical - that is all sides have cruisers for example, though cruisers of different races look differently.

Is that right?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:30 PM

That's right.
Different races have same classes, or almost same classes, but different techs, weapons and looks. That's my idea.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
IMO the classes can remain similar, but weapons should differ greatly, otherwise what's the point of having the difference at all... As a sideword, take any example of RTS. It wasn't until the appearance of RA1 that the functions of units from different sides differed greatly, and that's when all subsequent RTS switched this way, never looking back.
Google Adsense