PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 09-10-2012, 04:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Free A3 printer

The other day I was thinking I'd really love an A3 printer. When I design my 1:150 ships all the long hullparts have to be split into two and go on two pages of A4. If I had an A3 printer I could keep them as single pieces. Would also make rescaling easier. A printer with a built in A3 scanner would also be great for scanning in pages.

Too much money I thought....and then I had a promotional email from the ink company I have used for years. They do deal where you buy a load of ink and get a free printer. I've done this before for family and the printers are fine.

You pay for several sets of ink for that printer and get the printer free. No con, just a simple initial outlay.

The rub is I really can't afford to lay out that sort of cash at the moment. Which is a shame, but I thought I'd share the info with you. Recycled inkjet and laser toner cartridges for Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, Lexmark and Dell Printers - IJT Direct

If anyone buys one I promise not to be jealous. :-(
Google Adsense
Old 09-10-2012, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
It sounds like an awesome deal. Just wish that they were in the US and that I could afford it.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I buy an A3 printer here in the Netherlands for the same price as 5 complete sets of ink catridge (4cartidges pro set)
I'ts the HP Office jet 7500A wide format. Printer Scanner Fax and phone. Price = euro 198.00
This machine is working very well
Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
The Epson 1400 sells for around $199 or less here in the US. I bought mine at Staples. I use refillable cartridges and have never had a problem over the last 4 years.

I just bought an 3 scanner for $25 on Craigslist. Works great.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Looks good. My sisters lookung at buying a new printer, we are going to get this one. Buy Epson Stylus SX435W Printer with 4 sets of IJT Inkjets £87.84 + £6.95 = £94.79 at IJT Direct

Regarding the A3 Brother printer in the link above, 2 years ago I bought a A3 Brother printer scanner, the model number was very close to the one advertised above in the first post. I had it 2 months, then sold it. It was utter rubbish, photo printing on A3 took close on 20 minutes and nearly used up half the cartridge to print one sheet. Even printing card models off wasn't very good. There was nothing mechanical wrong with the printer, so the warranty was useless.

I went out and bought a Epson 1400 A3, I've had it 18 months and never had any complaints about it. Print quality is far better the the brother.
Google Adsense