PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 08-19-2015, 07:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Consumer Reports has an article about the EcoTank printers on their website.

Expression ET-2500, $380. Using included ink bottles, the claimed print-out yield is 4,000 pages with black text or graphics and 6,500 color pages. All color inks are dye-based.

Expression ET-2550, $400. Using included ink bottles, the claimed print-out yield is 4,000 pages with black text or graphics and 6,500 color pages. All color inks are dye-based. Includes a 1.4” LCD.

WorkForce ET-4500, $430. Using included ink bottles, the claimed print-out yield is 4,000 pages with black text or graphics and 6,500 color pages. All color inks are dye-based. Includes the ability to Fax and has a 2.2” LCD.

WorkForce ET-4550, $500. Using included ink bottles, the claimed print-out yield is 11,000 pages with black text or graphics and 8,500 color pages. All color inks are dye-based, except for black, which is pigment-based. Includes the ability to Fax and has a 2.2” LCD

WorkForce Pro WF-R4640, $1200. Using included ink packs, the claimed print-out yield is 20,000 pages with black text or graphics and 20,000 color pages. All four inks are pigment-based, which Epson says will last longer than dye-based. Includes the ability to Fax and has a 4.3-inch color LCD.

I always liked the DURABrite pigment based inks for all of the colors on most of the Epson printers. I wonder why Epson decided to use dye based ink in the lower priced Eco Tank printers.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.75 MB
I actually am getting to that time where I have to look for a new printer, and was looking at these.

Unfortunately Amazon reviews were complaining about build quality, on all but the WF-R4640. And while all of the home ones are probably worth it given the amount of ink it comes with, 1200 is a ton to pay for a printer.

Does anybody have any first person experience with any of these?
Old 01-28-2016, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Nice that a manufacturer is getting in on the bulk ink train, I've been using a CIS equipped epson artisan 835 for a few years now and couldn't be happier.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:51 PM

But overall do I take it that nobody has any first hand experience with these?
Old 02-24-2016, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
I just bought and installed the Epson ET2550 printer with the built in ink tanks. First impressions: Great!
This was $299 at Staples, and there was a deal to trade in any old printer for a $50 discount. So, the printer was $249. It is only letter size, to be sure, but it has a back feed and will take 110 lb card stock.
Comes with full tanks of ink....Epson says it comes "with the first year's ink". Easy set up. For me that was important! Has WiFi.
So, last year I estimate I spent over $250 on Dell ink, so in that aspect, this printer was "free". Ink comes black and three colors, for about $13 each a bottle, replace only what's needed.
I printed a couple of letter size full color prints, and think they are excellent.
Jim
Google Adsense
Old 02-24-2016, 05:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
I'm looking at purchasing one of the EcoTank printers. I'm thinking either the ET2550 or spring for the ET4500. I've had so many problems all of a sudden with my Canon Pixma MX922 and the CIS I purchased for it. If I don't print a page or two a week, the dang thing clogs up. I think it may be the ink quality is crap from the company I bought the CIS from...and the crappy thing is I still have the original ink tanks...haven't needed to order any new ink for the CIS since getting the CIS back in September 2014. It sure does last long even with all the deep cleaning cycles I've done trying to get the printer to print.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:02 PM

It looks like the ET2550 and ET4500 are the same price. Differences I noticed include the 4500 supporting Fax, having an Ethernet port, and the bigger document feed.

It is also the one I am looking for, as the extra $100 for the 4550, seems a bit much for just duplex. It also has a larger tank, but the smaller tanks are already quite large.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Fred, goshdarn you....you had to wave this thread under my nose. My retirement account hates you....but you are an ok guy in my book. I just plunged for one on Amazon. After all, that retirement account was for my old age, and I'm realizing that 70 now qualifies me. Now, where the hell am I going to put it, short of hanging it from the ceiling? And at $13 a bottle for OEM ink replenishments, I can even afford to run it. My deciding moment was when the perfectly good otherwise Epson wide carriage printer quit recognizing non-OEM carts. Just need to be lots more selective on what I print on the wide carriage, I guess.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Oh yeah. My Canon Pixma just jumped off a cliff and died. The dang printer will no longer get into the ready print state. I keep getting an error that tells me to turn off the printer to clear the error and start again. The eco-tank is looking might nice about now. I've been researching each of the various models and I think I am going to settle on the ET-2550. I can either get it on Amazon or I can head over to the local Staples....although, I checked Staples website and they don't have that deal anymore.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
Oh yeah. My Canon Pixma just jumped off a cliff and died. The dang printer will no longer get into the ready print state. I keep getting an error that tells me to turn off the printer to clear the error and start again. The eco-tank is looking might nice about now. I've been researching each of the various models and I think I am going to settle on the ET-2550. I can either get it on Amazon or I can head over to the local Staples....although, I checked Staples website and they don't have that deal anymore.
I am curious why the 2550 vs the 4500, given they are the same price?
Google Adsense