PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 07-26-2016, 08:07 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
DIY: LED Arch

Hi all,

I found the initial reference to this on Pinterest, and after some digging on Facebook, came to the builder of this set up

First album
Second Album

If you have a 3D printer, and want to make a cooler looking arch, also has a shopping list for parts.

All around light, and day light, and relatively easy to build

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 07-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
THAT is neat! Now I've just got to sell it to the wife because I don't think I can hide it very well..............

My Drawings
Old 07-27-2016, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Yes, it's neat, classy, and creative. Unfortunately, all the cats at my house would recognize it as their new play structure, so it would not last long.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:58 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Very clever idea.

Wonder how much it would cost? Great idea for a photography aid, so will investigate further.....

If anyone finds clear plans or instructions, post the links pse. Don't have a 3d printer....
Old 07-27-2016, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 283.81 MB
photos anywhere but facebook?

The advantage of simplifying origami are twofold.
Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2016, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
All sorts of LED striplights available here ....Access Denied It's oneof UK's biggest electrical supply warehouses so it's just gotta do overseas trade.

Mind you, most of their stock seems to be of Chinese make, so you'll probably find it cheaper through Alibaba.com . They definitely sell world wide.

I have a small 12v Yacht wind generator out back and, via a couple of car batteries, it feeds various LED tapes dotted around the house. Primarily used as emergency lighting during grid failures, but they can provide adequate background lighting all year round.

Last edited by JohnM; 07-30-2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Now I'm a little baffled ??? In the above post my link to CPC Farnell has been shortened to Access Denied , but clicking on it still takes me to the intended page. Does it work for anyone else?
Old 07-30-2016, 05:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Just gave it a try and it worked for me.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
Rick sorry for stepping on your thread I don't want to highjack it But I do want to share the following information.

Very Cool approach to work bench lighting. I use two 28watt CF compacts in paragraph light fixtures one on each side of my work table but I still have to reposition my lights all the time.

I have used these strip lights for planted tank aquarium lighting and under counter lighting so I am no stranger to the LED strip lights. You can purchase them on eBay in 5 meter lengths with the 12VDC power supply and some sort of controller (even remote controllers) for $10 to $20 which includes shipping. your local electronics store may also have them but at a cost 3 to 5 times the EBay price. Hook up is simple but if you cut the strips to shorter lengths you will have to solder the ends or purchase the connectors on eBay.

Get the bright white 5000K LED strips if you can find a higher K rating in the 5000 to 7500 range they would be a little better. These K ratings are considered to be Bright (daylight) white and are very close to actual sun light. The lower ratings around 2000 to 3000 have a yellow tint. you can see that on the links below. The 5000K rated lights makes for much better photos and if you mix your own colors your color match will be spot on. look for strips that have 300 to 600 LED's per meter. The RGB LED strips are fun but you cannot set them to a specific K rating. As a side bar these lights would be great if you are growing plants indoors.
A couple of EBay sellers

16ft SMD 5050 600LED Light Lamp Strip Remote Controller Power Supply Adapter | eBay

600 SMD LED Strip Light 5M 3528 Cool White with RF Wireless Remote Controller TL | eBay

Jim Nunn
Old 07-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I'm, with Kevin on this topic, if anyone finds easy to build plans for this build please let the rest of know. I wouldn't mind if this lighting system was complete for a fair price. Not sure I could build it but this would help me and my old eyes a lot. wc
Google Adsense