PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Help Desk > Hardware

Old 03-27-2018, 03:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Info on Epson ET 4750 and 22500

Does anyone have any experience with the Epson 4750 or 22500?

My current Epson XP-640 is fine in all respects expect that it leave lines on the paper when printing. A show stopper for a paper modeler.

WVA tells me that he has not had this problem with his Epson 22500.

The ET 4750 appears to be the same printer with larger ink tanks and the capacity of a full ream of paper. It is expensive (about $500 at full price), but if it prints clearly with no lines and will last for a couple of years, the convenience of the ink tanks and large paper capacity, will make it worth budgeting to pay for it. The reviews are quite positive. The only recurring negative comments have to do with the inability of the printer to double-side scan multiple pages. Not an issue for me.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 03-27-2018, 03:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Don, have you tried using different paper settings than the actual paper you’re using?
Even when I print on regular inkjet paper I use the high quality settings and this works.
When I print on regular cardstock I choose Premium Matte Paper and high quality print.

JoeG
Old 03-27-2018, 03:59 PM

I will give this a try immediately, Joe.

Am still interested in the EY 4750, but if this works it will be a great thing.

Don
Old 03-27-2018, 04:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Don the Epson line of eco tank printers have great reviews. I have a pre eco tank version that uses cartridges but it is the same model number minus the et prefix. the prints tend to be brighter than other printers. they have a much less expensive version at staples for @ 300.oo with the same great reviews. it is a rear feed model great for us card modelers. I bought the cartridge version while not being able to wait for the parts to fix my canon pixma 4000. this sits in reserve at the beach house now. I will be getting the Epson et when the pixma finally gives up the ghost. as suggested before use the highest settings on your printer and t4eh highest quality paper settings. the lines sound like a cleaning cycle or 2 is needed also
Old 03-27-2018, 05:06 PM

Many thanks for this valuable onto, Ted. My local Office Max/Office Depot usually has the Epson printers on sale, and I have a substantial amount of rewards to cash in.

I always clean the print heads about ten times and realign the print heads before printing a paper model. Still get the lines. But have not yet tried the higher paper settings, which I will do this evening to see how it turns out.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 03-27-2018, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Don:
I have been using an Epson XP-330 printer with small cartridges was about $60.00 several years ago have no lines... I am Lusting after one of the Eco tank models really want the one that will do 11x17 will end up with the smaller one on sale I bet maybe the end of model year on the other will come down in price. the older I get the larger I want to print the models.
Enjoy, Good luck,
Miles
Old 03-27-2018, 05:30 PM

Thanks, Miles. I should at least be able to print A4, if not 11x17 on the ET 4750.

We will see, since the issue of improving print quality on my XP-640 has become academic. When I tried to test print tonight, I got a message that the "printer's ink pad's at the end of its useful life." So I will be gathering up all my reward coupons and buying the ET 4750 tomorrow.

Many thanks Joe, Ted, and Miles for the fast and very helpful responses.

Don