PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Hawkman's Projects

Old 11-28-2010, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
HH-3 paint/mods

Hi all;
I currently have a set of CH/HH-3 paint job/mods underway. I have three started so far with 4-6 more planned.
they are going to be as follows.
USAF CH-3C "Black Maria" a 20th Heli Sqd. bird used for covert missions in SEA, even had a bounty of $50,000 for who ever could shoot it down.
USAF CH/HH-3 from the 5040th Helio SQD. from up in Alaska in the 70's
USAF Air Guard 90's lizard camo from Portland, Ore.
USAF AFRES 90's desert camo, from Desert Storm
CH/HH-3 prototype
JCH-3 testbed used for testing of equipment to be used on production birds
USN CH-3C from NAS Point Mugu, Cali.
HH-3F USCG with a page of different tail numbers and USCGCAS location names.
Each one will have different details for that version, such as larger windows, FOD Deflector, Rescue winch, etc. all will include a page with add-on detail parts for those that want to use them. such as screen graphics for all the engine vents and the tail fin, spoked outer wheel faces, scissors, gussets. 3-D fueling points, steps. also tweaked a few details such as added the inner sponson face that is needed to mount them properly. and moved fueling points to left side of bird, added missing bottom step each side, and enlarged cabin door with added latches. 3-D'd the tail rotor mount added tail fin brace, landing and taxi lights.
here are some preview pages of the first three.

Jeff

Last edited by hawkman67; 11-28-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
Google Adsense
Old 11-28-2010, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.38 MB
Very nice! When do you think they will be ready for release?
Old 11-28-2010, 06:45 PM

Well I have finalized all the added details for each one. making up pages for each with a pic and info as needed. Black Maria should be in the shop Mondayish I am finishing up that one right now. then the other two shortly after, and on to the rest.
Jeff
Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
great looking repaints! thanks for letting us know about them
Chris
Old 11-29-2010, 07:28 PM

Sent the first of the paint jobs to be final checked out and then into the shop. it is "Black Maria" has a little colorful history. next ones coming up very soon.
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
HH-3 paint/mods-black-maria-text.jpg   HH-3 paint/mods-black-maria.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Looking real good. Let us know when you are ready to share .
Old 11-30-2010, 11:55 AM

THanks Knife! the first is being uploaded to the store as I type this..many more to come..
Jeff
Old 12-19-2010, 04:17 AM

Alrighty! next update on the HH-3 paints/mods. A big thank You to Ashrunner for sending me pics, links, and helping me to get the colors right, He has been a great help. And a big Thanks to Knife for sending me needed info. So first update is for the 71st ARRS Alaska, 1970's with correct colors, next is the 129th ARRG Cali Air Guard, next is a page of parts from the Proto-type/test bird in bare-metal, last one is the HH-3F Pelican's of the USCG, That one will have a page of different tail numbers, and Air Stations for those that want a different one. Enjoy!
Jeff

Old 12-19-2010, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
They all look very good. Might I suggest modifying the bare metal one to include an all white version for people with red river silver paper? I think that version would look mighty cool. Now you just need to do a European gray version (703 TASS), desert version, and Italian H-3F version. By the way, the silver prototype was modified to have a refueling probe sticking out from the centerline of the nose. This was later moved to the more conventional mount on the right fuselage side after testing. Hope you get some time off during the holidays!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:03 PM

Thanks Knife!
That is a good idea, never thought about doing that yet. I am planning on having the refueling boom and braces as extras for those that want to make it up, Also going to try to work on one of the 5040th birds with the stick legs instead of sponsons, just need a tail number for it. the three that you mention are going to be in the works as well, always planned on doing them, want to have a completish set. The Italian bird will come from the HH-3F kit as that is what they built to use, the grey Euro One schemed is going to be from here in Oregon from the AFRES, the Desert Storm one will be from the 71st SOS and was the only unit to deploy with the HH-3's just need to find camel markings, and other mission markings for it.
Jeff
Google Adsense