PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Warren, I'm certainly not lacking for number of posts (tho just how meaningful they have been is debatable), but only am running a 500 batting average on getting past the 'you are downloading too fast' dialog on first attempt to download. Just keep trying...if all else fails, set your alarm for 4 am and try it then.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Does this also explain why there are no upload links appearing? Minimum posts before you can add models?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by curufea View Post
Does this also explain why there are no upload links appearing? Minimum posts before you can add models?
I do not think so. If you upload a model kit that you created or have permission to upload into the downloads area, let a moderator or administrator know that a file has been uploaded and it will be approved shortly after....again, so long as it is your model or you have permission to upload and share it.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by curufea View Post

When you go to Downloads, there should be an 'Add' link next to 'My Files'
Old 11-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Those links are there now, but I don't think they were there when I first joined.
Anyhow, time to upload things
Google Adsense
Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.82 MB
I have had a problem lately with one model, it states i can not download it because i have reached my daily download limit, i have not downloaded anything and that shows up. i tried a different model, and it downloaded without a problem. thought that was a bit odd
Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchambers View Post
I have had a problem lately with one model, it states i can not download it because i have reached my daily download limit, i have not downloaded anything and that shows up. i tried a different model, and it downloaded without a problem. thought that was a bit odd
Which model? link....
Old 12-18-2012, 04:42 PM

the Ford Tri-motor 5-AT paper model (scale 1:33) under civilian / prop. i tried again today and get the same message. a couple months ago i downloaded and built the dc-3 (quite the fun time on that one)
Old 12-24-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchambers View Post
the Ford Tri-motor 5-AT paper model (scale 1:33) under civilian / prop. i tried again today and get the same message. a couple months ago i downloaded and built the dc-3 (quite the fun time on that one)
I will assume you mean the full kit of the tri-motor here: PaperModelers.com - Downloads - Ford Tri-motor 5-AT paper model (scale 1:33)

I was able to download it, the page indicates 18MB file size.

Now, when you tried again....was it the only model you tried to download? Settings I remember are registered users (registered with 0 posts) can download 3 files a day and have to wait 5 minutes between each download. Members who post get 30 seconds between each download, but I do not recall any limit on the number of downloads per day. And if I am not mistaken, I do think that there is a post threshold of 10 posts.

If its not the model, do you mean the alternate seats? PaperModelers.com - Downloads - Alternate seats for the Peter Zorn Ford Tri-Motor

This one opens as a PDF in the browser and is rather small, indicates 265kb.

Same downloading limits would apply.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 PM

i was able to download the alt seats that day, i tried downloading the model itself again a couple days later and had no issue. it could have been an issue with my location, spotty signal at best sometimes.
Google Adsense