PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Nice....now we await your build thread of the Tri-motor.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.82 MB
looking forward to the build - i build them, take photos of the build, then sadly have to throw them away because of space issues.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
You should donate your completed models to various places or give them away to friends and family instead of throwing them away. Everyone seems to greatly appreciate the models and most are astounded that they are made of paper.
Places like hospitals, retirement homes, libraries, museums, etc. are very receptive of the gifts in most cases.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:31 AM

ohhhhhh no. i made the mistake of posting a photo of a model i completed on a discussion site, i found the model at what i thought was a reputable site. i got all kinds of hate messages for making a pirated model (i did not know at the time it was such a major issue) i don't want to run the risk of more trouble. i was even told by taking a photo of the completed i could be at risk for legal action. i am not going to make a bigger mistake and donate a model from any site to a group and risk more trouble.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchambers View Post
ohhhhhh no. i made the mistake of posting a photo of a model i completed on a discussion site, i found the model at what i thought was a reputable site. i got all kinds of hate messages for making a pirated model (i did not know at the time it was such a major issue) i don't want to run the risk of more trouble. i was even told by taking a photo of the completed i could be at risk for legal action. i am not going to make a bigger mistake and donate a model from any site to a group and risk more trouble.
I can understand your concern about risking more trouble from any group....however, what SCEtoAUX mentioned is still a viable option for those models that you know come from reputable websites....for example, the tri-motor you now have.
If you ever have any concern about going to a specific website for models....go instead to the top right of the forums in the tab marked LINKS....those links in there are great starting points for publishers of printed models or vendors of digital models. Get models from the websites found there, build and donate. No need to worry about troubles any longer.

Robert
Google Adsense
Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 PM

oh my!!!! that is a HUGE help - and extremely useful. I started building paper models as a physical therapy option for an injured hand, and got hooked. thank you so much for the guidance, there are all kinds of great links.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.18 MB
Hi everyone,

I'm new and have the same trouble
Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
i was wondering about the download limits to. now i know thanks.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 9.50 GB
Every time i log in to download items iget the mesage that i have reached a limit to downloads, why is this ?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_hart01 View Post
Every time i log in to download items iget the mesage that i have reached a limit to downloads, why is this ?
Because you did not yet have any posts. Now you have at least one as of this post. As you post more, you will have to wait less time to download models. Why not head over to http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/welcome-desk/ and introduce yourself. Although ~3 years later, welcome to the forum.

From post above explaining download limits:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
Settings I remember are registered users (registered with 0 posts) can download 3 files a day and have to wait 5 minutes between each download. Members who post get 30 seconds between each download, but I do not recall any limit on the number of downloads per day. And if I am not mistaken, I do think that there is a post threshold of 10 posts.
Google Adsense