PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 02-08-2016, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 775.69 MB
If I understood this correctly posting this reply removes the 2 downloads a day limit.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Hello,
I noticed that I cannot open downloaded files on android....I tried the default browser and Chrome, but the results are same....The files work fine on IOS and Windows...
Old 02-08-2016, 10:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papagei0 View Post
If I understood this correctly posting this reply removes the 2 downloads a day limit.
Hello Papagei0,
This post, as well as others you make, will continually remove download restrictions for the download area. I think the magic number is 10 to remove the long wait times, but there should be some (short) time limits even after 10 posts. Welcome to the forums and why not head here and introduce yourself? --->http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/welcome-desk/

Quote:
Originally Posted by N96HBK View Post
Hello,
I noticed that I cannot open downloaded files on android....I tried the default browser and Chrome, but the results are same....The files work fine on IOS and Windows...
Which specific files are you trying to open? If they work fine in iOS and Windows, they should also work in Android. I can try on my tablet and phone once you let us know which files. It could be that a file that is zipped or in a rar archive could not be opened in Android without the extra software application.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 304.20 MB
download issues!

hello ive posted more than thirty posts and im still not able to download more than 3 times or any downloads greater than 1.35 megabytes and ive been member for quite a few years now. if there is any I can!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
Which specific files are you trying to open? If they work fine in iOS and Windows, they should also work in Android. I can try on my tablet and phone once you let us know which files. It could be that a file that is zipped or in a rar archive could not be opened in Android without the extra software application.
I downloaded a file that I uploaded, but I got this.
I tried other files from the aviation section, but I keep getting the same results....I downloaded a bunch of pdf apps, but same result... I think they all don't work on my phone......Good thing is that they all work on PC...
Attached Thumbnails
Downloading issues-screenshot_2016-02-09-14-30-44.jpg  
Old 02-08-2016, 11:53 PM

And Zip files.....
Attached Thumbnails
Downloading issues-screenshot_2016-02-09-14-59-47.jpg  
Old 02-09-2016, 11:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaace View Post
hello ive posted more than thirty posts and im still not able to download more than 3 times or any downloads greater than 1.35 megabytes and ive been member for quite a few years now. if there is any I can!
That is a weird situation. I'll let the admins know so they can check it out. One thing you should try is clearing all the cookies or the cache/temp files and trying again.

Quote:
Quote:
I downloaded a file that I uploaded, but I got this.
I tried other files from the aviation section, but I keep getting the same results....I downloaded a bunch of pdf apps, but same result... I think they all don't work on my phone......Good thing is that they all work on PC...
Quote:
And Zip files.....
The reason the PDF link doesn't work is because the PDF file did not fully download. If you notice the file size is 1.68MB of that payload kit. The PDF downloaded through your phone is only 49kb. So something is preventing the file from downloading completely. The zip file download should be able to be opened if you have a zip app installed on your phone. I haven't tried it myself, but I noticed when I downloaded, the zip file is also only 49kb. So it also may not be downloading completely.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:33 AM
Facilitator

Total Downloaded: 368.13 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaace View Post
The downloads are very basic. When a person registers, they are placed into the "registered usergroup". That is once they have confirmed by clicking on the link in the email that is mailed out. At that point, they are able to download, up to 4 files per day of any size, but there is a 60 second delay between downloads.

Once a new member has posted to the forum and the post has been approved, they move into the "members" usergroup. You can tell if you are, but the work "member" under your username. At that point, you are able to download up to 10 downloads of unlimited size, but there is a 30 second delay between downloads.

I will have to look into if there are more then one file for the model if that counts as only one, or does each attachment count towards the total.

If you are receiving errors for some files, it might also be that we do not host all the files and they might have been removed or had the file names changed by that host. If so, please report the downloads so we can investigate. If I missed something, please let me know.

Jason
Old 02-10-2016, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
The reason the PDF link doesn't work is because the PDF file did not fully download. If you notice the file size is 1.68MB of that payload kit. The PDF downloaded through your phone is only 49kb. So something is preventing the file from downloading completely. The zip file download should be able to be opened if you have a zip app installed on your phone. I haven't tried it myself, but I noticed when I downloaded, the zip file is also only 49kb. So it also may not be downloading completely.
Oh, I see. I have a zip/rar/7z extractor (Alzip) so it should be the "not fully downloaded" problem. Thanks for the information.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.51 MB
I was having a similar issue. Thanks
Google Adsense