PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 66.42 MB
Downloading issues

I have recently joined the Paper Modelers website and am having problems downloading. Every time I start to download something, I get the timeout that indicates I'm downloading too fast, yet I have never downloaded anything. I have tried downloading in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome - all with the same results.

Can anyone advise as to what the issue and problem is and how to solve it.

Thanks
Google Adsense
Old 07-17-2012, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcsmith View Post
I have recently joined the Paper Modelers website and am having problems downloading. Every time I start to download something, I get the timeout that indicates I'm downloading too fast, yet I have never downloaded anything. I have tried downloading in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome - all with the same results.

Can anyone advise as to what the issue and problem is and how to solve it.

Thanks
Welcome. I think that you have to make a certain number of posts/comments before your allowed any downloads..... Not many, but I don't recall the number....6,9 Just comment to a couple of threads, even this one again, and check later to see if you can download.....

Again welcome,

Swampfox
Old 07-17-2012, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the info

OK. Great. I'll give that a try...
Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 820.35 MB
Hello, welcome to the forum, you usually have to post 10 times and download the free content.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Welcome to PM DOT COM. Usually a "Time out" is through a slow connection and the site lets go of it. There are no post limits to when you can download files from us here ! If you try to download too many files at one time this may cause a problem, but usually one at a time works fine. Please try again.
Google Adsense
Old 07-31-2012, 07:22 AM

OK. so here is the deal. My connection to the Internet is via Satellite and so there is a 1000ms delay in establishing a tcp connection (and opposed to less than 100 ms delay for a land based Internet connection. My download speeds are really good (greater than 3 megs) but the initial handshake on the TCP connection is slow. Could that be what is causing the problem. Are there others who are coming in via satellite and are they having issues with downloads.

Warren
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcsmith View Post
OK. so here is the deal. My connection to the Internet is via Satellite and so there is a 1000ms delay in establishing a tcp connection (and opposed to less than 100 ms delay for a land based Internet connection. My download speeds are really good (greater than 3 megs) but the initial handshake on the TCP connection is slow. Could that be what is causing the problem. Are there others who are coming in via satellite and are they having issues with downloads.

Warren
Could be the issue, but never used a connection via Satellite hook up so can't say for sure. If you can download at times and not at others, this could be down to the volume of traffic, but then again i don't know what is to be expected from this kind of hook up. Are there any other guys out there using this setup, if so, please chime in with your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
i don't use satelite connection, but try 'save as' in your web browser after you click the download button...
Old 08-21-2012, 04:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What are the number post that need to be made to do downloads?
Old 08-21-2012, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennidy View Post
What are the number post that need to be made to do downloads?
I do believe it is 10 or so meaningful posts .

Welcome to the forums....how about you drop by the The Welcome Desk - PaperModelers.com and introduce yourself.
Google Adsense