PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 12-12-2015, 02:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Can this build be posted here?

Hello dear moderators/administrators.

I have a question about if I can post a building thread of this model in our forum.

This is the 2ft tall Sailor Moon, designed and released by InnerBrain in 1997 (18 years ago).

The original format was a double CD set with the digital files to print and video instructions. It was originally sold in Japan back then, but is now almost impossible to get.

Found an ISO copy of the CDs in a SailorMoon forum. But I don't own an original CD. Started to build it some time ago, and now that I am about to finish I wonder if I could post the building thread.

Is it allowed here? (can I post my building thread of it in Papermodelers?)

Or does it fall under the same category as pirated kits? (and therefore not allowed to post a building thread here).

Decided to ask, before making a mistake. I wonder because as far as I know Inner Brain no longer exists, and the rights to this kit may have fallen in a grey area. But it is also true that 18 years of not being commercially available may not be enough time to consider it public domain or anything similar.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers, whichever the decision is.

Attached is the cover of the original CD kit, and a recent photo of my build.

Kind regards,

Ruben Andres M.
Attached Thumbnails
Can this build be posted here?-sm.jpg   Can this build be posted here?-cd-copy.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 12-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
my understanding is you can do a build thread for ANY model irrespective of where you got it.you cannot however share the model itself with others.hopefully thats the right answer
Old 12-12-2015, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
Quote:
my understanding is you can do a build thread for ANY model irrespective of where you got it.
And should some build threads include an announcement that the model was stolen in the first place, or is that not considered necessary?
Just curious about the currently applicable morality/amorality/immorality to be followed.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:05 PM

Now that I think about it, there doesn't seem to be a post regarding rules in the forum outlining what can and can not be posted here (and from where I can get a guide to a situation like this). Or if there is, I have not found it.

Don't we have a "rules" post? or used to have? where it was stated how to behave?

Mi memory is not clear in that sense / my search abilities are not good today.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I think the one Ruben means is Ver 1 which is possibly available here ... Sailor Moon Free Figure Papercraft Download

There is also an improved Ver 2 which is available here ... papermike: Sailor Moon

Admin please block these if you consider either to be pirated in any way.

I have the Ver 2 one in my 'To do' pile. It certainly looks much better and is in .pdo format. I have not attempted to download the Ver 1 figure.

There are also quite a few Chibi and Cubee style figures from this series.

I don't have any further knowledge of the Sailor Moon series though. My granddaughter wanted a Cosplay outfit, and I stumbled across these while looking for it. I ended up buying the outfit for her, but, apart from the little chibis above, I've not attempted to build the model yet.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I think the one Ruben means is Ver 1 which is possibly available here ...

There is also an improved Ver 2 which is available here ... ...

I have the Ver 2 one in my 'To do' pile. It certainly looks much better and is in .pdo format. I have not attempted to download the Ver 1 figure.

There are also quite a few Chibi and Cubee style figures from this series.

I don't have any further knowledge of the Sailor Moon series though. My granddaughter wanted a Cosplay outfit, and I stumbled across these while looking for it. I ended up buying the outfit for her, but, apart from the little chibis above, I've not attempted to build the model yet.
The one I'm building is Ver 1.

The link directs to a DeviantArt post, that itself directs to the original old website where it was posted. But it is no longer accessible.

Many moons ago it was the first site to host the CD files, along with some other Sailor Moon related files and information on games in formats now forgotten or of Japanese-only distribution (like the Sega Pico, the Playdia, and Terebikko). An interesting place for nostalgics. Looks like the site is only accessible now using the Wayback Machine. I have seen the extracted parts pages in other sites, but the complete executable CDs with were hosted only there.

Ver 2. is also in my to-do list. Looks to be about the same size. It benefits from being digitally designed, and it certainly looks closer to the character design of the anime (Ver. 1 resembles a bit the character design of the manga). While on the other hand the old 1997 version was most probably drawn by hand. Or at least using a very primitive CAD software. If I understand correctly, the kit was aimed at ages +12 (which probably was the target audience for the series), so it had to be simplified.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:44 PM

Since I got no reply about my inquiry, I took it as a "no".
So I decided to finish it and upload it somewhere else.

For those curious, some small resolution images can be found
at my Deviantart account: Sailor Moon paper model by Rubenandres77 on DeviantArt

Old 07-24-2016, 04:25 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
You made a wise choice Ruben. Better to be safe than later sorry.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 07-24-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
You made a wise choice Ruben. Better to be safe than later sorry.
Indeed.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
Since I got no reply about my inquiry, I took it as a "no".
So I decided to finish it and upload it somewhere else.

For those curious, some small resolution images can be found
at my Deviantart account: Sailor Moon paper model by Rubenandres77 on DeviantArt
Wonderful work on a real beauty!!
Google Adsense

Tags
thread, building, post, build, original, years, ago, time, forum, allowed, kit, rights, fallen, exists, longer, making, decided, kits, mistake, brain, decision, attached, whichever, answers, cover