PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 03-29-2016, 09:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 613.72 MB
Problem is, with some sites you can not be certain if models are legal or not:
There are good sites like PAPERMAU that only publish royalty free templates and other ones that look as serious as these, but itīs mostly pirated stuff. This means you have to search the net whether a model has been commercially published or not. Quite often, results are faulty.
Thus, you download a model, print it (costs!) and start to build it. Then you publish a building report and get a feedback your model is pirated without you knowing it.
You wasted money, time and you get lots of frustration.
Building: Cavalier Mustang chase plane by David Winfield, 1:33
Not a native english Speaker. Thus, constructive criticism is always welcome!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowhawk View Post
Thus, you download a model, print it (costs!) and start to build it. Then you publish a building report and get a feedback your model is pirated without you knowing it.
You wasted money, time and you get lots of frustration.
it just like me, back when i was new to papermodeling. download it and i print the model, build it, but Then i noticed the official store(Moshe online store).... i realize i was build a pirated model of ModelArt Mig-3 (white version) so i delete the file n burnt the model... send email to moshe and Dr.Z to apologies.... then i purchase the original model via moshe store.
so, as for now on... if in doubt, i just send a PM to one of the moderators here in the forum, copy the web 'link' and asked if it legal or not.... so biiig kudos for all the mods here. -love the forum-
Old 03-29-2016, 10:46 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.32 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loui View Post
it just like me, back when i was new to papermodeling. download it and i print the model, build it, but Then i noticed the official store(Moshe online store).... i realize i was build a pirated model of ModelArt Mig-3 (white version) so i delete the file n burnt the model... send email to moshe and Dr.Z to apologies.... then i purchase the original model via moshe store.
so, as for now on... if in doubt, i just send a PM to one of the moderators here in the forum, copy the web 'link' and asked if it legal or not.... so biiig kudos for all the mods here. -love the forum-
Since Moshe's store is no longer active, the only place you can legally get Emil Zarkov's models is my store. Thank you very much for being a loyal supporter of my father's work!
Support us on Patreon
Old 03-29-2016, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 283.81 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loui View Post
Sorry, that makes no sense at all! Destroy your work... not a good thing. Send a message to the rightful owner of the plans? YES Wasting time and energy making a model and destroying it because someone lied to you makes zero sense. Honor the rightful owner of the plan by keeping the model and doing what is necessary to make it right.

Words from an old man who is new to this but understands common sense.

The advantage of simplifying origami are twofold.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.32 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaBlue View Post
Sorry, that makes no sense at all! Destroy your work... not a good thing. Send a message to the rightful owner of the plans? YES Wasting time and energy making a model and destroying it because someone lied to you makes zero sense. Honor the rightful owner of the plan by keeping the model and doing what is necessary to make it right.

Words from an old man who is new to this but understands common sense.
It indeed sounds like quite the overkill. No need to go into extremes
Support us on Patreon
Google Adsense
Old 03-29-2016, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
I like the overkill ( thrash metal band). well, It just me, and i felt good knowing all of the model that i build are the original one

Tags
aircraft, design, member, searching, specific, models, pirate