PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 10-21-2016, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Ummm? I think someone's missing the point here .... The delete button y'all looking for isn't on your screen ... it's on your keyboard.
I guess that would leave you with an empty message but not a deleted message. the 'forum protocol' might even refuse to accept an edit like that, because I think there is a minimum of characters you need to add to a message. You cannot remove a post you made. That is the point.
But that is something the mods can do for you.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
I guess that would leave you with an empty message but not a deleted message. the 'forum protocol' might even refuse to accept an edit like that, because I think there is a minimum of characters you need to add to a message. You cannot remove a post you made. That is the point.
But that is something the mods can do for you.
You use the delete key to delete all the text in the post ... then type in something like "Posted in error and removed. Admin please remove post." I mostly use the edit facility when I realise that PhotoBucket has mixed up my photos ... Again, and have to rearrange them.

Whether admin remove it or not, whatever it was you didn't want to be seen has gone. Obviously this only works if you edit the post within ten minutes of posting it. After that it's written in stone, unless admin cooperate.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Obviously this only works if you edit the post within ten minutes of posting it. After that it's written in stone, unless admin cooperate.
Actually you have an hour after you post to make any changes.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Also, I do believe, if someone posts a reply after you and before the time limit expires the chance to edit your post is removed. Then the Whole Known Universe will know of your most inner thoughts for the rest of time. (Could be mistaken, though.)