PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 02-10-2017, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.92 MB
How to introduce script for limiting downloads?

Mr. Administrator:
I am part of a papermodel site in Brazil and lately we are having problems with members that only download files and do not collaborate with postings.
I would like to ask, if it is possible that you could provide us with the script that allows downloading only after a set number of posts,the same system that you are using in Paper Modelers.
I know I am asking too much, but it's the only way to prevent our site from closing.
Please, help us in this great difficulty!
My email is nigrafox AT gmail DOT com.
Sorry for my english not being so good and for asking this!
Thank you for your attention!
Hugs!

Last edited by elliott; 02-10-2017 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Fighting the never-ending battle with evil email-harvesting spambots
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2017, 10:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I can't be sure what version of vBulletin you're using, but the solution should be simpler than incorporating a script. Plus, scripts tend to be version specific so they might not even work.

Try this: Make a new usergroup that can't download anything. Add other restrictions as you see fit. Make it so new users are automatically put into this new usergroup and add a promotion variable for a certain post count (five or ten) to move them to the regular user group once they're ready. Also keep in mind that promotions like that only take effect every hour or so, so you may have to wait to see if it's working.

Hopefully this helps!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Nigrafox,

The member limit to the download area of the forum is a paid add-on. If you have vBulletin, you have to get the add-on for limiting those downloads. As per Jason, there is no script to prevent it.