PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
RSS feed functionality

Hello!
I have been putting quite a bit of research into how the RSS feeds work. If you use the feed link as is you will only get the first post of new threads. I have found a way to get it to show new posts. Put this feed into your favorite feed reader (I use Feedreader 3.10) and it should work as is! Let me know if you have any questions and I hope you find it useful.
http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/e...SS2&lastpost=1
Thanks
Chris
Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.92 MB
Chris,
You truly are a scholar and a gentleman and anyone who says otherwise shall answer to me! I remember reading somwhere that you said you have no patience, this is not true! You have the tenacity of a bulldog. No wonder your models look so good.

Right, enough boot licking! Will this also work in, ummm, the other place? I am also very weary of enabling "lastpost", I'm not a miliary man but . . . :-)

Finally, what is going on with my editor!!!! I went to "Advanced Editor" and now I am stuck writing html tags, even to get paragraphs, and the smileys don't work! That is why this message is a mess! What gives??

Give me gadgets, I need gadgets!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Design Admin

Yes, it works in the other place
Chris
Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 PM

Sweeet!!! Do we need to increase the cache???? I see that it is working, I just got 23 card modelling messages in my feed!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Design Admin

How high the cache needs to be set will need to be determined by Rick or Jason. It kinda depends on how many posts are in a given 24 hour period. I hope most log in once a day for their daily card model fix
Chris
Old 10-04-2007, 11:49 PM

Ok, I only mention it because, like I said before, here is Asia we're off-set to people in the US and UK, so a lot of the posts occur when my machines (office/home) are off. I don't want to miss out on too much. Determining the 24hr number makes a lot of sense, we don't want to clogg up the system needlessly.