PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 05-14-2010, 04:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Snapshot worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbeam View Post
This is how I transfer PDF files into paint.net. Not a direct method, but it keeps the resolution nicely:

You just stretch the box around the image/data you want to transfer and it saves an exact copy.

Works for me...

Terry
Hey, THANKS Terry! This worked great. It's a tool already in Acrobat Reader and I never knew about it. Sure beats the convoluted things I was trying to do.

It's still screen resolution, so that's 96 dpi on my screen, but that's fine for my current project. With a 20" screen at 1600x1200 I can get pretty decent quality.

The whole problem is PDF documents are not bitmaps (though they may contain bitmaps). When you view them on screen or print them they are literally rendered in realtime, just like vector formats, so they look great at any resolution. To get them into Paint .Net they have to be rendered into a bitmap. If you have a printer driver that prints to a bitmap graphics format, such as a TIFF, then maybe you could set the resolution really high and do that.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:38 PM

This is interesting. I have been doing some repaints(or trying) and I have been opening the pdf as normal with acrobat and then use the 'copy to clipboard' tool then, I open Irfanview and select the 'past' tool and it brings the file in as a high-res jpg then I can use the paint tools and color away and save as a jpg when done.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:53 AM

Exclamation Snapshot had better resolution than Copy to Clipboard (for me anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
This is interesting. I have been doing some repaints(or trying) and I have been opening the pdf as normal with acrobat and then use the 'copy to clipboard' tool then, I open Irfanview and select the 'past' tool and it brings the file in as a high-res jpg then I can use the paint tools and color away and save as a jpg when done.
I tried this and it still comes out as 96 dpi. Worse yet it was only 540x648. Unless there is some quality setting for the Copy to Clipboard tool this was actually lower than the Snapshot tool when I have the document full screen on my 20" monitor, which yields approximately 875x1060.