PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 05-21-2010, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Posting Model Builds

Hi fellow modelers.
While this is a thread about posting model builds my question pertains to the use to the Model Build sub-forum so is really about how to use that forum.

I see lot's of wonderful models in the model builds sub-forum but not sure what the criteria is for posting my own model builds. As a new paper modeler I love watching others builds. Can I post any model at any time even if the model is already in the builds area? I just got a new camera from my wife for my ever so close 50th so wanted to put it to use. :D

Just want to make sure I understand what is expected and any pointers appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for reading

Jim
Google Adsense
Old 05-21-2010, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagpiper View Post
I see lot's of wonderful models in the model builds sub-forum but not sure what the criteria is for posting my own model builds. As a new paper modeler I love watching others builds. Can I post any model at any time even if the model is already in the builds area? I just got a new camera from my wife for my ever so close 50th so wanted to put it to use. :D
Jim, if I am reading this correctly....are you are asking if you can post up a shot or shots of a model you built even though someone else posted their shots? If so, I say go on ahead and post up your shots.....and so it does not get lost in all the other posts....start your own thread to post the pictures. You can start one per model, or have a dedicated thread that you post all your pictures to like some of the members here.

If that's not what you were asking....then don't mind me.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:10 PM

Hmm! I think that's what I asked! Trust me! It made sense when I was thinking it. lol But yes, you answered my question. Was not sure if we could post if the model was already in the build thread. But, like many things, one person's build will not be the same as another. Heck I just need to start posting and stop worrying about it. lol

Cheers.

Jim
Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Jim, yep as suggested go ahead and post pictures in a new thread of what ever models you are building even if the model has already been covered. Different folks get different results on the same model and you might provide some insight in the build that others have missed. You also might get some advice if any particular method you are showing could be done in a better way.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Jim, yep as suggested go ahead and post pictures in a new thread of what ever models you are building even if the model has already been covered. Different folks get different results on the same model and you might provide some insight in the build that others have missed. You also might get some advice if any particular method you are showing could be done in a better way.
Thanks Doug. Appreciate your input mate. As a side note I got myself a set of Prang pencils after your suggestion, from Blick, so trying those out at the moment.

Cheers
Jim
Google Adsense
Old 05-21-2010, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Another advantage of starting your own thread is that it is easier to find through your profile if you haven't posted anything new for a while; some people do a running gallery of their build as they do them, i.e. one thread with many builds; others opt for one thread for each build...either way, the greater sin would be to NOT post your pics: it's so good to see how other modellers do things and even if you have a whoopsy, it's really just a contribution to the group's learning...
Old 05-21-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Another advantage of starting your own thread is that it is easier to find through your profile if you haven't posted anything new for a while; some people do a running gallery of their build as they do them, i.e. one thread with many builds; others opt for one thread for each build...either way, the greater sin would be to NOT post your pics: it's so good to see how other modellers do things and even if you have a whoopsy, it's really just a contribution to the group's learning...
Thanks for the reply mate. It's not going to hurt anyone if I post is it! :D. If we can post builds all the way from the Scooby Doo van to Doris' fine HMS Victory, then it looks like anything goes. I guess I just need to get a feel for it and start posting.

Cheers
Jim
Old 05-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
My friend Jim... I am sooo pleased to hear you are contemplating a build of something :D I have trawled the net to see if i could find you a paper model of a set of Bagpipes to get you going, but alas; a model of that doesn't exist. Whatever you decide to build, i am sure it will be coooool - GO FOR IT........DIVE IN, the waters warm
Old 05-21-2010, 03:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Jim, don't worry about making mistakes. Remember when I first started "Trying" to post photos and I'd end up with words and no picts? Wasn't it you that told me to just get on with it and not worry if I made a mistake or 5;-)

That is just added to the excitement of what I was finally going to get around to posting?

Remember those words of wisdom you spoke to me? I do, and look what's happened. I'm posting so much stuff, I'm probably going to get called to one of the moderators office's and get told a thing or two.

JUST DO IT. You'll learn by doing, not thinking about it.... Let's see something you've built or are still working on. Show us what that new camera can do.

SFX
Old 05-21-2010, 04:09 PM

I have actually been building some models too .. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter taft View Post
My friend Jim... I am sooo pleased to hear you are contemplating a build of something :D I have trawled the net to see if i could find you a paper model of a set of Bagpipes to get you going, but alas; a model of that doesn't exist. Whatever you decide to build, i am sure it will be coooool - GO FOR IT........DIVE IN, the waters warm
Thank Peter. Just so you don't think I have been sitting idle while trawling the forum. I have been watching and learning from all the masters here. Proof that I have actually built some models. :D

Just need to sit down and focus on a model and get a thread going. The last images is the reason why I have been otherwise tied up. :(

A different kind of modeling that I could have done without.

Anyhoo thanks everyone for your wonderful support.

Cheers
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Posting Model Builds-dsc00020.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc00021.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc00022.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc00023.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc00024.jpg  

Posting Model Builds-dsc00025.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc00026.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc00016.jpg   Posting Model Builds-dsc00017.jpg  
Google Adsense