PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > General Information and News > HOWTO: Use the forums

Old 06-08-2010, 05:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.45 MB
The polish letter Crossed L must be read like a W.
Pope Woytila reads Pope Woytiwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Thank you Piotter, for your concise and immediate reaction - that was exactly what I was looking for. With regard to some other remarks: I gat a set of 4 CDRoms from Brazil via eBay, several years ago. Recently I found this site Edit - mod removed, this is a pirate site.

And yes, it is a Polish letter - pronounced as t, as a Polish friend explained to me.

Mod note:
Diderick,
those cd's you bought were also from pirates.
Chris
Old 06-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Might be of interest:

WWW.KONRADUS.COM - 50 lat Ma?ego Modelarza

Link to Konradus, who have an on-going thread, trying to collect builds / photos of all the MM kits.

Tim
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
I managed to purchase some of the CDs....don't get your hopes up, guys. The quality of thier scans is on a level with the quality of their paper in that time period....absolutely crappy. However, it is the only way many of those kits can be obtained. Maly and the other publishers are overlooking a revenue source. If there were a legit source of reasonably priced downloads at low cost of their out of print models, homest people (which I believe most in the hobby to be) would obtain them honestly.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 102.73 MB
You can buy CDs with MM models from this site.
One year - one CD. [ JPG only]
But Im affraid they not sell them for other countries. And you cannot find here every year of MM's...
Any other source is from pirates.

Thats true what cjwalas and Darwin wrote :
"I don't think they realize the potential they have in their hands."
" The quality of thier scans is on a level with the quality of their paper in that time period....absolutely crappy."

Polish modelers fought from years with owner of Mały Modelarz - LOK.
Hammerheads...
Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I can live with crappy scans so long as they are not skewed or distorted - when I first discovered paper modelling a couple of years back, I downloaded the Maly 1958 Scud-A from a site that purported to have a license from Maly to distribute for digital versions of all its models up to the early 80s...the Scud-A scan was pretty square but the colours were what you might expect from a scan of a 1950s printed product. I was a fair way along the recolouring process before I realised that it was actually an illegal pirated product...

I still think that this would build into a great model and also one that has not been published by anyone else in a large scale i.e. bigger than 1/72 but the problem, as with all these early publications, is finding an affordable legit copy...

Hence my interest in the Maly CDs...
Google Adsense
Old 06-09-2010, 04:04 PM

SJP, the Maly year-set CDs I've managed to get my hands on have had skewed scans to contend with, but none have been too terribly distorted. They are low resolution (some of them well less than 100 dpi), and are not scans of original artwork, but are scans of the dog-eared, torn, stained, etc. magazines they happened to still have on file. With a lot of effort, one can produce a reasonable model from them. Just be aware of what you are getting into when you go shelling out "collectors prices" for one of them.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
I'm not sure to understand all you say guys about Marly Modelartz...

Someone have an official licence to distribute those models ? Or all the models found on the internet are from pirate site ?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:59 AM

Pat, so far as I know, there are no legitimate sources for Maly kits via computer file downloads. The "year set" CDs sold by "legitimate" vendors (if listed in this site's links section, they are legit) are ok to buy. Any CDs with compilations of more than a single year of models are pirated. If the internet offerings are for resale of an original hardcopy magazine, it is ok (some of the internet stores also vend on EBay).
Old 10-30-2010, 10:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
Thanks for this precision Darwin.

It's sometime difficult to know the exact status of models edited by old publishing houses when they are closed.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
What is the status of Maly Modelartz?
Is it still in business producing new models, is it a holding company recycling old ones, is it gone and the offerings found on the internet all pirated?
If the company is still in business what are or how can be found legitimate links to its sites or retailers?
Any if any one replies can they provide a little documentation particularly as to site legitimacy so the rest of us are not lead down the garden path?
And if there is a dispute between the publishers and public maybe one of our Polish speaking subscribers might be able to explain it to us.
Thanks
Thanks.
Google Adsense