PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Improved Stock

Old 09-07-2010, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Excellent job on your Jenny Curt. I ran a few articles on the FG site about adding wing ribs that way, but they were a re-pop of an earlier set of articles by another member. It really is a quick and easy way to make those card model wings look just like the real ones, same thing goes for the tail assemblies as well.

Now lets see you whip up the Navy float plane version of the Jenny. That one had a little longer wing span, a different engine and the tail was a bit different in addition to the floats. It also made this one look simple in comparison to the rigging the Navy liked to slap on them.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
I will leave the Naval floatplane version to someone far more talented or perhaps someone quite mad. I like Wyverns suggestion of some sort of military vehicle.

Curt
Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
Hey Curt, looks darn good to me.:D I know what you mean about the rigging. I've sorta stayed away from the old bi's myself lately. I still look at some of the smallers ones I have done without rigging, and think hum that should really have rigging.:o I can't even escape with smaller sizes. If you saw my micro, micro, mini Jenny a little bigger than a dime..... I don't feel the least guilty for no rigging No Way!!:D