PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Improved Stock

Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Heinkel He-178 1-100 scale

Hello my friends! After a sadness period because a demise after my grandmother, and 20 days later my Dad, I returning. I use the hobby for forget the losses pain.

In the dark times for me I build in 1/100 teh small Heinkel He-178 one of pionners of jet age. This model is a typical for the last FG model products, simple and effective to build...

Construction pics...

I hope finish all pending projects in this contest...

Regards...
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2010, 03:11 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I am so sorry to hear of your losses, gomidefilho. Two close family members passing on so near each other must have been very hard. Card modeling does seem to help when dealing with difficult issues, at least temporarily. That being said, I like your He-178. Building in 1/100 scale is always a challenge, especially such a small bird. Well done!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
sorry to hear of your lose, may they rest in eternal peace. It looks a nice build and small Keep up your spirits
Attached Thumbnails
Heinkel He-178 1-100 scale-sympathy1.jpg  
Old 04-26-2010, 05:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
I am so very sorry to hear of your tragic losses, gomidefilho. I wish you well and will keep you in my prayers.

I started in paper modeling as therapy of sorts after 9/11. Without belaboring the point, suffice to say my office was located in downtown NYC, a block from the WTC, and I was outside when I saw the second plane hit the south tower; I felt the heat from the fire ball and saw things I have chosen to not speak about. They shut down my office for over two weeks so I was home with nothing much to do and happened upon this hobby on the internet. I decided to try a few free downloads just to pass the time, sort of moving meditation, and it really helped me relax, providing a great distraction. Since that time I always find my hour or two of modeling provides a great way to reduce stress from work and life in general. I hope you find the same relief.

I really love this build. I think your work on the landing gear is great, and love the way it looks. This is a wonderful build, particularly considering the scale. I agree, the FG models are wonderful, providing a relatively simple model yet giving a very satisfying result. I look forward to seeing more of your builds!

Thank you for sharing this build, and letting us also share in such a personal part of your life. I've been part of a number of different modeling groups over the years, but have always found paper modelers are a special type. They often become very much like a second family. I hope you find some peace and serenity in visiting this "family gathering" from time to time; I know I do. It is really hard when the site goes down from time to time, I find myself bouncing off the walls until the site is back up.:D Luckily it has been very rare on this group.

My warmest regards,
Jim
Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
gomidefilho, Sorry to hear about your loses. It is difficult when they pile up like that for sure. AS Jim said, I hope that you can find some peace and comfort in modeling. Gracefully bending the paper into curves is a great relaxer for me. I too really like your Heinkel. Those tiny struts on the landing gear are great :D
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2010, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.01 MB
Not to seem like a broken record, but I'm very sorry for your loss. Good lookin' paper model!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Pericles mi mas sentido pesame, te acompaņo en sentimiento, compaņero.

Your He-178 looks very nice and very little , I right working on she right now with some "mods".
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
Thoughts and Prayers for you on the loss of your loved ones my friend!! Stay well.
Best Regards, Jeff
Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Thank you my friends for their comforting words. Thanks for appreciating the He-178. As Jim said, I think the tb papermodellers are one big family, which overlap with minor issues that we see in other large groups of modelers. Plasticmodeller went for more than 20 years, and paper models found my peace. More than that I made a legion of friends across borders and other major differences are truly an international community and why not universal in the literal sense of the fact, united by our passion that is turned the paper into living forms, three-dimensional. Thank you again my friends for the comfort, life goes on ...
Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
A lovely job, and a good use for fake LEGO bricks
Google Adsense