PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Improved Stock

Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
My apologies for not answering the last couple of questions, I simply lost this thread in my consciousness!
I simply use a circle guide to draw the wheels and then cut them out with a blade, nothing fancy. They always need a little sanding anyway, so it's easy to even out any curvature problems. At least it is at this small scale.
The canopy is heat formed. As has been shown on this site by better modelers than myself, the process is straightforward;
1. build the paper canopy.
2. Use it as a form and fill it with Sculpey oven bake polymer clay and bake it (with the paper canopy still on.
3. Remove paper canopy. Lightly sand the Sculpey form (if necessary).
4. Heat clear plastic and pull it down over the form. Let cool, remove and trim to form.
I find that I need to elevate the form on a stick so that I can pull down below and close to the form to get it to really get tight to the form.
It's not as hard as it seems and once I figured out to make a mount for me heat gun things got a LOT easier.
Try it!
Chris
Old 06-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
I must be going mad but how on earth did I not find this GeeBee thread until now. I also just found AirDave's in which you mention this one. :o
Anyhoo very nice build mate. Glad I found it late than not at all.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Jim