PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Fiddler's Green Modeling Madness > Improved Stock

Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
Looks great, Don. I'd forgotten about the extra tabs (if I ever knew). Very ingenious method of meeting the folding need. I'll keep that one in mind.

Garland
Old 08-06-2010, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I can't keep up with this building frenzy of yours, Don!:D
Great to see you getting the time for some builds. This one came out great!
I printed the same kit out, but fortunately spilled coffee on it immediately, preventing any embarrassing construction on my part.
It looks like you're amassing a great collection of early armor!
Chris
Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Great job there Don. I may have to break down and try my hand at a couple of Chips' Armor subjects.

Here are a couple for you to work on (yeah, I know they are that other modeling media, but they are severely kit bashed so that sort of makes up for it).

M1 Combat Car

M2 Medium Tank
Old 08-08-2010, 07:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for stopping by, guys! I still haven’t finished the headlamps (to paraphrase Master Yu Gyokubun: Whenever I think of petals, I get nervous).

Joe – After the T1E1 I may try Alberto’s M2A1, Roman’s RAF-pattern Leyland lorry enlarged to 1/48, one of his green-liveried Rolls Royce 1/48 armored cars, or a PTA A-13 cruiser tank enlarged to 1/48. But I am also anxious to begin my first 1/25 military vehicle: the old hand-drawn Modelik WC-51 weapons carrier with the Flymodel M3A1 half track to follow if I am successful.

Lep – Thanks for the additional info.

Jeff – Always good to see your postings in my threads, Redleg.

Chris – My building frenzy is pretty modest compared with your great output. Your coffee comment reminded me of the days when I used to soak tissue in coffee to get a brown Nivo color for WWI stick-and-tissue models. In the case of the armor model: think weathering.

Garland – Thanks for the nice comment. You sure helped out on this build with your advice.

Terrific kitbashed models of interwar armor, Jay. Many thanks for sharing those photos.

Eventually, I will finish those headlamps and put this one on the shelf.

Don
Old 08-22-2010, 08:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Jeepers Creepers . . .

. . . I finally finished the peepers.

The Lanchester has been sitting eyeless in Gaza (or headlampless in Habbaniyah) for more than a week, so I decided to try to complete the build.

Photo 1 is a reminder of what the parts look like. The thought of petals leaves me shaking with fear, trepidation, and intimations of incompetency. But I gave it a try, spending an hour or so chivvying petals together with a cocktail stick, applying little dabs of glue, and uttering opprobrious epithets under my breath.

Photo 2: Pretty poor results, but I filled in the gaps with heavy applications of Caran d'Ache Neocolor II of the golden ochre persuasion and dusted the whole enterprise down with Tamiya weathering dust. I also added a little sliver to provide additional bracing. It will have to pass with a push and a shove.

Photos 3 and 4: After developing the photos, I realized that the off side headlamp has a cast in it. I will try aligning them after a night's sleep. The spare tyre is cockeyed, too, but will have to stay that way. The next one will be better.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
FGMMX Lanchester Armored Car-lanchester-14.jpg   FGMMX Lanchester Armored Car-lanchester-15.jpg   FGMMX Lanchester Armored Car-lanchester-16.jpg   FGMMX Lanchester Armored Car-lanchester-17.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 697.0 KB
Looks great, Don! The headlights are a pain, but you did a better job that I did. Actually, I never did get them built. I remember trying to form those petals over a pencil point like the suggestion on the print out, and ended up gluing the pencil inside the petals. Never did get it out, so I threw it away and tried something else, which didn't work either. Finally gave it up, and gave the model away. To one of my grandsons, I think, and he loved it. Of course, I didn't tell him about the headlights.

Garland