PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > InPaperDesigns's Projects

Old 02-04-2012, 10:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 36.10 MB
Looking good. I would love to see SP !! Hey but just a nice loco in paper is great !
Old 02-05-2012, 01:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
The older black and orange "Black Widow" southern Pacifc scheme is colorful, and interesting, has black, orange and silver, all on the same loco. Was back before the red and grey coloring.
Jeff
Old 02-05-2012, 08:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.86 MB
Santa Fe war bonnet, or rock island
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-8644.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Thank you for all the replies and suggestions! I have decided to do the blue and yellow Santa Fe scheme shown below. But rest assured, I will be doing many, many others

Moving along, I have added most of the detail to the shell, and the bogies are almost done, just missing brake shoes(?) and some details.
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-sfgp7s.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-locomotive-bnsf.jpg  

[email protected]
Old 02-06-2012, 12:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
And nearing completion. Just a few railroad specific details to be added. I hope the level of detail on the trucks is acceptable. I took the standard model RR approach for ease of construction and due to a lack of references for what lies between the wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-locomotive-bnsf.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-locomotive-bnsf-2.jpg  

[email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 02-06-2012, 06:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.16 MB
Avery, it's good to see you designing again. Although I am not that much interested in locomotives (exception being the Civil War ones) I admire you skills with SketchUp and plain speed of modeling. Well done!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
very good! I think thats a great level of detail
Old 02-06-2012, 07:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That's a good level of detail for me.

Once you begin cranking these out, Avery, please consider the 1950s Baltimore & Ohio color schemes. The blue with gold stripe and capitol dome emblem for GP-7s and 9s was not flashy, but very good looking, and the Blue and gray with dulux gold stripe (the "Simonize" scheme) for the E and F units was really beautiful (sez an old Baltimore Boy who used to watch these trains with great pleasure).

Don
Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Suggestion: have you considered offering a set of lasercut railngs for sale, to go with your model?
I published a Dutch diesel locomotive (DE 6400) several years ago, at the request of our Dutch Railway Museum. The red version is fairly simple and large, aimed at unexperienced builders, scale 1/50th. The railings were extra, and quite a few were sold. The picture shows them clearly.
Then the designer decided to do the same locomotive in 1/87th, different colours. Much more detailed - definitely for more experienced builders. It sold well, and nearly everyone bought the set to go with it. The picture shows the prototype, when the railings were not yet available.
Having laser cut sets made has become a lot cheaper in the meantime, even in small numbers like ca 25).
Especially if you are thinking of designing more locomotives, it might be worthwhile to explore this avenue?
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-railion-6400-hr.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-ns6400_bouw_7.jpg  
Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by APA-168 View Post
The first is the beautiful F7. I got a good start on this (see attached pic) but still felt a little overwhelmed.
Easily understood; the nose on that thing is full of compound curves - and - there is a subtle crease in the middle of the vertical face of the nose, it shows reasonably well in this photo http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=137889 and this photo http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=139865
Google Adsense