PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > InPaperDesigns's Projects

Old 02-06-2012, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
how about some canadian themes? this is my favorite Canadian Pacific scheme I have some High Rez Logos that I found on the net etc of this particular scheme if you need them
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-canadian_2.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-d546be0f0daafa3fa18a942ba368_grande.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-canadian-pacific-diesel-switcher-7077-7241.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-image.jpg  
Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Thanks for dropping by, Kaz! Always good to hear from you.

Thanks, Chris!

Thanks, Don! I like the B&O scheme, it's quite handsome. There will be LOADS of liveries for this and the GP9. I realized today I can use the trucks off the GPs for the F7 so that will make it high priority once the GPs are done.

Diderick: I have been contemplating a laser cut set. It would be good because it could cover a lot of locomotives, the GP7, the GP9, the chop-nose variants of each, etc. If you have any more information about companies that could do the laser cutting, I'd love to know more. I think that would be pretty cool.

Thanks for point that out Forrest, I hadn't noticed it. I think I'm just going to redo the model when I get around to it because some of the other curves are wrong too (most noticeably the hood where it joins the windshield)

HMCS, if you'd like to e-mail me the logo, that'd help a lot. I'll PM you my address. Same for any other liveries people want, if I have a logo to work off of that'll make things go much faster.

I am now finished with all the major shapes, all that's left are a few small details and some textures.
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-locomotive-bnsf-3.jpg  

[email protected]
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by APA-168 View Post
I'm just going to redo the model when I get around to it because some of the other curves are wrong too (most noticeably the hood where it joins the windshield)
That's okay, the HO scale and N scale model train manufacturers have been struggling with that for fifty years.

Last edited by southwestforests; 02-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 AM

Wow - these are going to be great - I have a feeling I'm going to be out of business pretty soon!

Very Nice Work Avery!

- Mark
Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
About laser cut details: I entered 'laser cutting service, USA' and immediately got several promising links. Can't help you any further from here (the Netherlands)...
Google Adsense
Old 02-07-2012, 10:00 AM

if they were built to a MRR scale you could get brass PE add-ons,. just a thought,..
Old 02-07-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post
if they were built to a MRR scale you could get brass PE add-ons,. just a thought,..
Which brings up I forgot to mention O scale. A 1:48 scale train would make for an interesting size comparison with 1:48 airplanes.

While talking model RR scales, and sticking to the smaller than Garden railway type stuff;
Gauge 1, Number 1 scale, is 1:32.
O can be 1:50, 1:48, or 1:43, it is a long story how that came to be.
S is 1:64. A lot of die cast cars such as Matchbox and Johnny Lightning are that scale.
OO is 1:76 - it actually grew out of HO below so British boilers could fit around the motors of the time.
HO, "Half O" is 1:87
TT is 1:120
N is 1:160 or 1:150, which is often used in UK for reasons similar to OO.
Z is, uhh, 1:220 or something.
T is a new scale which is in the 1:3xx range.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Forrest: all the more reason for me to get it right! Thanks for all the information about the MRR scales, it's all very confusing. I'm shooting for HO with these, but I have no idea what kind of aftermarket stuff might be out there already. In any event, I will further pursue the laser cutting idea and see where it goes.

Thank you, Mark! I sure hope I don't put you out of business your line of models was an inspiration for my project.

More details...I'm starting to hammer out the specific details of the locomotive I'm modeling.
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-atsf.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-atsf-2.jpg  

[email protected]
Old 02-07-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APA-168 View Post
... but I have no idea what kind of aftermarket stuff might be out there already.
Welcome Here's a small sample of aftermarket details Details West Home Page
Quote:
White metal castings were soon augmented with parts made from brass and styrene. By 1980, there were well over 100 different detail parts available for the discriminating modeler.
Today, Details West offers over 250 HO-scale items with more on the way. We offer precision castings including horns, plows, air filters, headlights, and bells (just to name a few) for diesels of all types, trackside parts such as switch stands, instrument sheds and electrical relay cabinets for train layouts, and ladders, hitches, cushion couplers and brakewheels for freight cars.
Here at Details West, we know your time is valuable. We know you don't always have time to scratch build that perfect model. That's why we offer superb quality at reasonable prices. We invite you to try our parts. We think you'll agree.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Finished the 3D stage today, now to start unfolding. Might not be any updates for a while since there isn't much exciting to see during this part of the process.
Attached Thumbnails
Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-locomotive-atsf.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-locomotive-atsf-2.jpg   Locomotives: GS series, FP7, GP7 (HO scale)-gp7-locomotive-atsf-3.jpg  

[email protected]
Google Adsense