PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > InPaperDesigns's Projects

Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
here is the main page,..
Wig-Wag, LLC (Wig-Wag-Trains.com) Athearn EMD FP-45 Product Page

if you scroll down you will be able to see all the different variations of ATSF colors and you can click on the images to see them much larger like the previous post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 AM

sending you canadian pacific beaver / nose badge for loco
Old 02-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

One thing about trains Avery, is that the people in the hobby are quite meticulous and picky about details, but also quite willing to share them. If the details are off, don't worry, they will let you know!

(p.s. You're Welcome to come over anytime, just let me know so I can get a good meal ready for you and your buddy!! That 60 or 90 year old brass bilge pump is waiting here for you too, with your name on it. )
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by APA-168 View Post
Ah, my mistake, as you can guess I know almost nothing about locomotives.
Hey, no sweat, 37 years ago I knew they ran on track and that was about it!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Any progress with the diesel locomotive?!
Google Adsense
Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Slowly but surely I am getting it ready for sale. I have not had a good past couple of weeks and dealing with the aftermath of a personal crises has slowed down work quite a bit. But I am getting there.

[email protected]
Old 03-08-2012, 06:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 179.33 MB
avery
i have been away for awhile but a thought here. just remember that most active railroads of today have copy righted their colors and if they have bought up older defunct railroads those colors may also be copyrighted. one that springs to mind is union pacific. most model engine manufacturers have had trouble there. and maybe copyright isnt the right word but licenceing. have been a lot of comments in model rail press over the yrs. love your designs and hope to see the finished product
thanks gary
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM

Hey Avery, Gary brings up a good point - one I thought about when I started making my train models and wanted to sell them. I considered using well know brands and colors, but like Gary says, most RRs have copyrights on their designs and model manufacturers need to license with them.

I have some I've done with corporate colors & logos, but just for my own enjoyment; I don't sell or give those away. That is why I just invented the Route 10 Rail (RXR) brand. Then I didn't have to worry about selling those.

So I'm not saying you should or should not sell or give away "real life" branded models, but it is something you should take into consideration.

Can't wait to see your finished products!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver47 View Post
avery
i have been away for awhile but a thought here. just remember that most active railroads of today have copy righted their colors and if they have bought up older defunct railroads those colors may also be copyrighted. one that springs to mind is union pacific. most model engine manufacturers have had trouble there. and maybe copyright isnt the right word but licenceing. have been a lot of comments in model rail press over the yrs. love your designs and hope to see the finished product
thanks gary
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Thank you for your comments and concerns, I appreciate your input. What I found was that Union Pacific seems to be the only one actively pursuing licensing of their colors. Other companies seem to have a "live and let live" policy. Who knows how long that will last, but for now I should be alright. I think too my models would have to be much more popular for anyone to take any notice...

[email protected]
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 147.05 MB
Checking in to ask about progress and to state the obvious. you make it I will buy it. love trains and the loco's you have chosen are excellent for us wishing for US rolling stock of real railroads. Thanks for your effort. John
Google Adsense