PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 07-09-2011, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to DagobahDave
Paper Modeling Guide

I just released a Paper Modeling Guide written by Jerry Jensen. It's full of great tips to improve your paper modeling techniques, and it focuses on my models in particular so it'll help you get the best results when assembling my stuff.

Download it for free!

Google Adsense
Old 07-09-2011, 05:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Thanks to you and Jerry for this book Dave. I don't know how practical the French curve and template section is but the book contains a great deal of information applicable to all beginners.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
I don't know how practical the French curve and template section is but the book contains a great deal of information applicable to all beginners.
Try it, you'll like it!! I've used French Curves for cutting out my models for 30+ years. In fact I bought an old set of "Ships curves" at an auction many moons ago. Once you get use to them they make the job of cutting out parts much easier.......

and Dave, thanks for the great guidebook. The graphics, the included info are great. Keep up the excellent work.

Swampfox
Old 07-09-2011, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is a great book, Dave. I enjoyed reading through the book to see your preferred techniques. The artwork is very attractive.

I have used French curves for cutting. They can be useful, but plastic French curves are subject to knife nicking in my experience. I have been on the lookout for a set of French curves and triangles made of aluminum.

I plan to provide copies to the grandson in preparation for our next session of building buildings.

Many thanks for making this available as a free download. I appreciate your generosity.

Don
Old 07-10-2011, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 509.63 MB
Thanks Dave, I'm pretty sure this will help me, I'm very new at this wonderful hobby
Google Adsense
Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
Wow dude, this is really awesome. You know I have used your models at the course I teach at our local libraries...they always love that little house. This will be something extra that I can show them that is available on your web site. I won't give them a copy...you need the traffic on your site...but I always point them your way. They all talk about how cool it is, and I know of a couple of kids who have purchased some to make a project for school...what a great way to spread the great news of paper modeling!!

Thanks again!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.0 KB
I was reading through this again and noticed that you had left out 65lb paper...it is a great "medium" thickness paper, that some of us use for practically everything...at least I do anyways...haha. It would not be available at Wal-Mart or Target, etc...and maybe that was your reasoning for leaving it out, but you can get it now at Office Depot, Staples, Etc.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
This is a great book, Dave. I enjoyed reading through the book to see your preferred techniques. The artwork is very attractive.

I have used French curves for cutting. They can be useful, but plastic French curves are subject to knife nicking in my experience. I have been on the lookout for a set of French curves and triangles made of aluminum.

I plan to provide copies to the grandson in preparation for our next session of building buildings.

Many thanks for making this available as a free download. I appreciate your generosity.

Don
Fairgate Aluminum Curve Rule CV202 - French Curves and Drafting Curves
Old 07-12-2011, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to DagobahDave
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman3 View Post
I was reading through this again and noticed that you had left out 65lb paper...it is a great "medium" thickness paper, that some of us use for practically everything...at least I do anyways...haha. It would not be available at Wal-Mart or Target, etc...and maybe that was your reasoning for leaving it out, but you can get it now at Office Depot, Staples, Etc.
We might talk about other paper options the next time we update the modeling guide. I know 65 lb. will work, and I personally use 80 lb. for all of my test models.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
many many thanks for the ebook. I am very impressed, it gets straight to the point and has clear photos showing each stage. Excellent!

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Google Adsense