PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 04-04-2012, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.53 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
We should ask Roman Vasiliev about the Thunderbird, but from what I see here, the big things in paper modeling seem to be planes and ships. Those are subjects that may be hard to find in plastic kit or die-cast form at an affordable price I think. Could that explain why they are so popular in paper model form?

On the other hand, plastic kits and die-casts of cars are available in a wide variety of scales, models and prices. You can virtually find any model you want. Of course the fun of paper modeling is to build the thing, but Revell-Monogram and AMT-ERTL already offer many interesting and realistic subjects for the handy people. Paper kits may end up as an interesting alternative to the raising cost of plastic kits, but only if the offer is there and hobbyists know about it. Papercraft seems to be far more popular in Europe, Asia and South America than it is here in North America though. Fortunately, this Ambassador (that has probably never been considered by the plastic kit makers since the promo era) is a reason to hope for american car fans. Keep doing what you do Papercruise!

Cami
That's what got me started... The FJ55 Land Cruiser had no toy or plastic model
Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post

And if you ever produce a two-toned gray (maybe originally gray and white) Rambler Ambassador sedan, I would like to have one.

Don
Don - is this the Sedan you're talking about?

HowStuffWorks "1959 Rambler Six Custom Sedan"
Old 04-06-2012, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 82.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I have scanned in various treads from models I have made in the past. When I find a model I like that has 2d tires, I just go to the file, pick a tread that looks right and print it off. Since I did not do any of the texturing on any of those, I shouldn't share the file, but maybe the idea of a tire tread file will find favor with some of those who read this.
I think it's a great idea. Thanks
Old 04-06-2012, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
Thumbs up i really love this one a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercruise View Post
Hey folks,
I completed my first station wagon model, you can download it here - I hope you enjoy it!

I have been in love with these cars for some time and recently decided to do something about it. I will probably post another version with 3D tires... I'd have to scale it down to achieve this, but some of the parts are pretty small already. I like to keep my models pretty accessible to non pro builders.

(See other images of this model)

Thanks - if you build one, I'd love to see a photo of how it turns out, especially if you are better at craft than I
you really show true colors of this classic and i like two see what othere station wagon you will come up with next! cool designing to the max!

i definitly goto build this one carefully and thank's for sharing it with us!
and welcome to this forum!

what next ford linocoln chevorlet cadillac there's to many of them!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Papercruise - That's the car! The photo nearly brought tears to Lil's eyes, remembering our 1974 family trip from Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, to the Presidio of Monterey, California, pulling a tent trailer and traveling by way of Fort Carson, Pike's Peak, Durango (with a side trip to Silverton via the Denver and Rio Grande Western narrow-gauge Durango and Silverton route), Mesa Verde, Four Corners, Navajo National Monument, the Grand Canyon, and Zion National Monument. After a language refresher course, we then headed for Korea and further adventures in that car, as previously described.

Thanks for the memories!

Don
Google Adsense
Old 04-07-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbed2010 View Post
you really show true colors of this classic and i like two see what othere station wagon you will come up with next! cool designing to the max!

i definitly goto build this one carefully and thank's for sharing it with us!
and welcome to this forum!

what next ford linocoln chevorlet cadillac there's to many of them!
I know, there's lots of neat old cars that aren't modeled, and even hard/impossible to find in toy or plastic model format
Old 04-07-2012, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
Thanks a lot for a great model, it looks a like a complex model but it's just two pages. Great design!!! Just one thing, in my opinion the transition in the wheels between the gray and black is too abrupt. I think that needs to be smoother.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:42 AM

Thumbs up i finnally build your rambler ambassador station wagon!

to papercruise: i made your rambler ambassador station wagon!

i needed to know have you ever did the 3D tires and wheels yet? so i can put them on the car to level up? if yes can you just post it in my e-mail adress it's [email protected] just the wheels and tires only if you can with out printing the whole car with the othere parts add on! if you can't then you can make pages 3 in your pdf file to just print that instead! oh i allmost forgot the pics and here thay all are!
Attached Thumbnails
Rambler Ambassador Station Wagon-dscf2234.jpg   Rambler Ambassador Station Wagon-dscf2235.jpg  
Old 11-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Red face i put your 3D wheels on thank you!

and what next will be your free car model be?
Attached Thumbnails
Rambler Ambassador Station Wagon-dscf2292.jpg