PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.53 MB
Rambler Ambassador Station Wagon

Hey folks,
I completed my first station wagon model, you can download it here - I hope you enjoy it!

I have been in love with these cars for some time and recently decided to do something about it. I will probably post another version with 3D tires... I'd have to scale it down to achieve this, but some of the parts are pretty small already. I like to keep my models pretty accessible to non pro builders.

(See other images of this model)

Thanks - if you build one, I'd love to see a photo of how it turns out, especially if you are better at craft than I
Google Adsense
Old 04-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Fine design and build of a very interesting subject.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Very nice.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
It seems we share the same philosophy about the accessibility to average builders and beginners and the same interest for antique cars! That is a very interesting subject, which model are you thinking about as your next project?

Cami
Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
If you ever produce a 1959 Rambler Ambassador sedan in two-tone gray, I'd love to have one. I bought such a car at Leavenworth, Kansas, for $800 in 1973. We later drove it across the country to California (by way of Pikes Peak) and sent it to Korea, where I drove it until the fourth time I scraped the muffler off while driving the back country of Korea. Then I sold it and bought an ancient Toyota Land Cruiser. When I left Korea at the end of that tour in 1978, the Rambler was still running.

Sorry for the diversion, but the images of your excellent model started a lot of happy memories flowing through my brain.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 04-02-2012, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.53 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
It seems we share the same philosophy about the accessibility to average builders and beginners and the same interest for antique cars! That is a very interesting subject, which model are you thinking about as your next project?

Cami
Cool - I know... the old care are 10 times more interesting than anything modern!

I honestly don't know what's next. I only like to model the stuff rare enough not to have been modeled yet. I am thinking of a Willy's Jeep wagon... not sure yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
If you ever produce a 1959 Rambler Ambassador sedan in two-tone gray, I'd love to have one. I bought such a car at Leavenworth, Kansas, for $800 in 1973. We later drove it across the country to California (by way of Pikes Peak) and sent it to Korea, where I drove it until the fourth time I scraped the muffler off while driving the back country of Korea. Then I sold it and bought an ancient Toyota Land Cruiser. When I left Korea at the end of that tour in 1978, the Rambler was still running.

Sorry for the diversion, but the images of your excellent model started a lot of happy memories flowing through my brain.

Don
Well we have the same taste in cars then - and you checked out my website? I am a certified Land Cruiser nut!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I had not checked your site when I made my post, Jesse. We have very happy memories of that red Toyota Landcruiser with a white top, front bumper winch, air conditioning by way of a roof hatch taken from a Seoul bus, and a rear rack that held three jerry cans. For three years, we drove all over the back roads of Korea in that vehicle, which we had named "Matilda" (as in waltzing). Our Korean friends called it the sobangja (fire truck) and our youngest two children can tell you stories about the long trips we took.

The coincidence of you designing models of both the 1959 Rambler Ambassador and the Toyota Land Cruiser is cosmic. At your web site, my Matilda is the one on the left.

Don
Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Wow...

Anyone have an interest in designing a 1964 Rambler Classic?

I had one in high school (and that was the mid/late 80s).

Nice job on the Ambassador!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Made me think back on the '64 Rambler wagon I once owned. A real thinking man's car....you had to start thinking of making a pass at least two miles in advance of a likely passing location (preferably one that is downhill) and start shoving the gas pedal to the floorboard a mile before making the pass....and pray that no one was coming the other way, 'cause there was no way of quickly slowing the beggar down once it get wound up to making passing turns.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
A wonderful model, and an excellent choice of subjects! You nicely captured the shape and the spirit of the '59 Rambler. Looking forward to your next project!
Google Adsense