PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 04-03-2017, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Having built the Jahre Viking in 1:400 I can say it is huge, 45 inches long (1.14 m).
In 1:250 it will be 72 inches or 6 feel long (1.8 m). A colossus.
Storage will be a problem!!!
cheers Jim Bean
Old 04-03-2017, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
I own the 1;250 model of the ELBE HIGHWAY hopeful to build it someday. I have never seen a complete model in 1;250 but in 1;400 it seems a very nice modell of a typical mid-size car carrier.

Has anybody any experiences in this scale?

Kind regards
Nils/Front Light
Old 04-03-2017, 11:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Light View Post
I own the 1;250 model of the ELBE HIGHWAY hopeful to build it someday. I have never seen a complete model in 1;250 but in 1;400 it seems a very nice modell of a typical mid-size car carrier.

Has anybody any experiences in this scale?

Kind regards
Nils/Front Light
have built the car carrier at 1;400.i like these jsc models and prefer the ones they are doing at 1;250
Old 04-04-2017, 10:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looking through the list, I noticed the floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) ship Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras (Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras FPSO), which uses something called the Pusnes offloading system (FPSO Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras).

At the Big Stone anchorage, across from Cape May, New Jersey, barges are used to offload large deep draft tankers that otherwise ride too deep for the Delaware River ship channel and carry the product upstream to the refineries. But the FPSOs apparently also process the product and are used at offshore oil rigs.

That's all I know about these vessels, but I find them fascinating.

This is a very unusual-looking ship (PETROJARL CIDADE DE RIO DAS OSTRAS - IMO 7920508 - Callsign C6WC8 - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker), and must be an enormously complicated model.

Has anyone reading this built the model, or do you know of any build images or threads, Herky?

Don
Old 04-04-2017, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.06 GB
Don

Try this link Petrojarl Cidade De Rio Das Ostras / JSC / 1:400 - Bauberichte Schiffe - Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen
Google Adsense
Old 04-04-2017, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.09 MB
Hi Don,

there is also a 1;250 building report in the same forum kartonbau.de:

Petrojarl Cidade de Rio das Ostras von JSC, skaliert auf 1:250

I cannot integrate the link, maybe because I am new and do not have enough posts to do so. You will also find it by search function. It started 25. march 2012 - Last post is from 8. april 2016.

I am not shure but I think that the builder changed the scale of the 1;400 JSC model by himself so this is maybe not the one of Herkys list.

Kind regards, Nils/Front Light
Old 04-04-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Looking through the list, I noticed the floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) ship Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras (Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras FPSO), which uses something called the Pusnes offloading system (FPSO Petrojarl Cidade de Rio Das Ostras).

At the Big Stone anchorage, across from Cape May, New Jersey, barges are used to offload large deep draft tankers that otherwise ride too deep for the Delaware River ship channel and carry the product upstream to the refineries. But the FPSOs apparently also process the product and are used at offshore oil rigs.

That's all I know about these vessels, but I find them fascinating.

This is a very unusual-looking ship (PETROJARL CIDADE DE RIO DAS OSTRAS - IMO 7920508 - Callsign C6WC8 - ShipSpotting.com - Ship Photos and Ship Tracker), and must be an enormously complicated model.

Has anyone reading this built the model, or do you know of any build images or threads, Herky?

Don
have not built it but have it at 1;400 to do someday
Old 04-05-2017, 05:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Many thanks for the link and info, Doug and Nils. This ship is far too complex for me to build, but I really enjoyed looking at the build pics.

I also look forward to learning more about FPSO ships and how they fit into the petroleum transport chain.

Hope you build that model some day, Herky!

Don
Old 04-05-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Many thanks for the link and info, Doug and Nils. This ship is far too complex for me to build, but I really enjoyed looking at the build pics.

I also look forward to learning more about FPSO ships and how they fit into the petroleum transport chain.

Hope you build that model some day, Herky!

Don
its on my list.hey buy it,scan it and keep going till you get it right.i find jsc relativly simple compared with other ships to build.
hms invincible will be my next buy at this scale and will wait to see if they release their new rotterdam model at 1;250 also

Last edited by herky; 04-06-2017 at 12:11 AM. Reason: add ons
Old 04-06-2017, 07:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.06 GB
Don

While you're researching FPSO's have a look at the gas equivalent, FLNG and in particular the PRELUDE Currently the largest floating structure. Hugely complex.

Someone made a model of it in LEGO. To do it in card you'd need to see your bank manager.

It was common practice to convert old tankers into FPSO's and FSO's JAHRE VIKING on the same list and which Jim built became a FSO as the KNOCK NEVIS

Regards

Doug
Google Adsense