PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 12-14-2017, 01:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
HMV Club goes west

Hi everybody,

HMV Club? What is that? I got this question quite often over the last months. Obviously we have been a bit short on information about this.

And that's a shame - especially as this years HMV Club Model will be an American topic and I think it's something you don't really want to miss out on.

OK - so a few words what HMV Club is and how it works. We started this in 2010 and if you subscribe to HMV Club which is always for a year beginning on 1st of January, you will get three HMV Magazines. These are color printed, A5 and have about 30 to 40 pages. It is all about paper modeling and of course a lot HMV related. From building tips, to picture galleries and information from behind the scenes you will find a lot of interesting topics in these magazines. Along with the magazines usually comes a little supplement. Mostly an offset printed A5 model kit that goes will with our models and is sometimes spiced with some humor. At the end of the year the supplement is a bit bigger and you will get a model with 12 pages plus instructions. These are known as the HMV Club Models and reach very interesting prices on second hand markets. Why is that? These are model are produced only once exclusively for HMV Club members. We don't offer these models in our regular range. And to make it more interesting nobody knows what the Club Model will be. So when I say that this time it is US related I already say more than ever before.

In order to give you some ideas what previous Club Models were about I will add some more postings with pictures.

If you're interested in a subscription - and it is still possible for 2017 for a few more days - you will find all information here:
http://www.kartonmodellbau.de/epages...tring=HMV+Club
Google Adsense
Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Fentens View Post
Hi everybody,

HMV Club? What is that? I got this question quite often over the last months. Obviously we have been a bit short on information about this.

And that's a shame - especially as this years HMV Club Model will be an American topic and I think it's something you don't really want to miss out on.

OK - so a few words what HMV Club is and how it works. We started this in 2010 and if you subscribe to HMV Club which is always for a year beginning on 1st of January, you will get three HMV Magazines. These are color printed, A5 and have about 30 to 40 pages. It is all about paper modeling and of course a lot HMV related. From building tips, to picture galleries and information from behind the scenes you will find a lot of interesting topics in these magazines. Along with the magazines usually comes a little supplement. Mostly an offset printed A5 model kit that goes will with our models and is sometimes spiced with some humor. At the end of the year the supplement is a bit bigger and you will get a model with 12 pages plus instructions. These are known as the HMV Club Models and reach very interesting prices on second hand markets. Why is that? These are model are produced only once exclusively for HMV Club members. We don't offer these models in our regular range. And to make it more interesting nobody knows what the Club Model will be. So when I say that this time it is US related I already say more than ever before.

In order to give you some ideas what previous Club Models were about I will add some more postings with pictures.

If you're interested in a subscription - and it is still possible for 2017 for a few more days - you will find all information here:
http://www.kartonmodellbau.de/epages...tring=HMV+Club
can i ask,years ago it appeared that hmv were going to do uss enterprise model.is it ever going to happen
Old 12-14-2017, 01:51 AM

HMV Club Model 2011

Hi guys,

this was the Club Model which we released in 2011. At that time the Club still didn't have many members which means the print run was considerably lower than today. And that plus the fact that this was an amazing topic were probably the reasons why this model reached incredible prices in auctions which were close and if I remember correctly even above 100 Euro.

Cheers
Ben
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Club goes west-2011_clubmodell.jpg   HMV Club goes west-2017-002.jpg   HMV Club goes west-2017-003.jpg   HMV Club goes west-2017-004.jpg   HMV Club goes west-2017-005.jpg  

Old 12-14-2017, 01:53 AM

Uss Enterprise

Hi Herky,

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
can i ask,years ago it appeared that hmv were going to do uss enterprise model.is it ever going to happen
yes!

Don't know what else to say - it is a big project, you know? I have been on the ship together with a friend for several days and we got a very high clearance and did take pictures of everything. And that's not always a good thing - because now I have to put everything in the model...

I'll get there!

Cheers
Ben
Old 12-14-2017, 10:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Fentens View Post
Hi Herky,

yes!

Don't know what else to say - it is a big project, you know? I have been on the ship together with a friend for several days and we got a very high clearance and did take pictures of everything. And that's not always a good thing - because now I have to put everything in the model...

I'll get there!

Cheers
Ben
thats fine just wondered if it was going to happen .will wait patiently
Google Adsense
Old 12-15-2017, 12:59 AM

Club Model 2012

By the way - it is almost a tradtition that around this time people start guessing what the topic of the Club Model might be. And we post a clue every day. That just started on our Facebook page and also in the German forum die-kartonmodellbauer.de

Well, here is the Club Model 2012 - the Topic was Africa and next to the freighter Borgesch a few smaller boats typical for African coasts came with it.

Cheers
Ben
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Club goes west-2012_clubmodell.jpg   HMV Club goes west-2012-002.jpg   HMV Club goes west-2012-003.jpg   HMV Club goes west-2012-004.jpg   HMV Club goes west-2012-005.jpg