PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 07-23-2017, 04:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 312.75 MB
High Performance Flyers - CAD Designed

Hello Everyone,

I've been designing a new set of high-performance flight models (profile fuselages for now), due for publication - where is the best place to put a notice about them ?

The models have fantastic stability and range - thoughts would be appreciated.
Design is using aeronautical engineering principles.

Attached images are of the Pilatus PC-9, and the Beechcraft B200 Kingair prototypes, both of which fly like absolute bandits with speed and long range.

With thanks,

Martin in Auckland.
Attached Thumbnails
High Performance Flyers - CAD Designed-img_0337.jpg   High Performance Flyers - CAD Designed-img_0317.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-24-2017, 08:11 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Martin! Welcome to the forum. Go ahead and make your announcement here. See how it goes.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
These are beautiful models. I'd love to built and fly some of them.

Elliott is the Font of All Truth and Wisdom on posting designs.

Don
Old 07-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Weelllll, thankee Don. Deepshark were you wanting to post an announcement in order to sell these or did you want to make them free models? That would have a bearing on where to post them as Kit Announcements has pretty much been used to announce new kits for sale.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:58 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I placed the thread here, as DS had it in the Suggestion Box
I have placed non retail kits here as a well
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 07-24-2017, 01:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
deepshark I am very interested in these flyers! what planes are on your "To Do" list?
Old 08-20-2017, 07:48 PM

Hello Falco, and everyone for writing, and encouragement, its hugely appreciated.

These models come from a book (which I am in the process of doing typesetting of this week for final publication) which is going to be called 'Paper Flight', the first of many volumes.

The first 6 designs (6 per book, with bumper books to come with 7 or 8 designs depending on subject) are as follows :

* Cessna 172 Skyhawk
* Pilatus PC 9 / T-6 Texan II
* Bombardier Dash-8
* Beechcraft KingAir B200
* AeroCommander 840
* Gulfstream G5

Each model has been designed using CAD (of course), but also engineered using aerodynamic engineering principles for highest possible performance. Average flight distance for hand launch is between 20 and 25m, even under unfavourable conditions. With catapult launch (using a pencil and rubber band as catapult), flights of 100-120m are not uncommon - or, as I like to put it - you can launch the model across a sports filed by hand, and fly it along the sportsfield length with a catapult launch.

Of course, this is the tip of the iceberg !
*The Cessna 172 introduces a new technique for easy construction of mid-surface mounted tailplanes - and wings - opening the door to WWII Fighters and mid-mounted wing types, now constructable without needing dangerous blade tools.
*I have permission to now publish my series of improved Papercopters, which are ring-wing design free flight rotorcraft, from their original inventor, Prof. E.H. Mathews of South Africa.
*My design library has over 120+ high performance designs -
**WWII Fighters and Bombers
**Modern Combat Jets, Bombers, and Transports
**Jet transports of all the great names : Lockheed, Boeing, Douglas and McDonell-Douglas, DeHavilland, Embraer, Mitsubishi, and many more !
**Epitomes of Piston, Jet, Turboprop, High Wing Loading, High Aspect Ratio scale types
**Sailplanes Classic and Modern
**Turboprop Airliners
**General Aviation
**Classic aviation
**Biplanes
**And many more !

The models are all built from 2 sheets of ordinary 80 GSM A4/Letter paper, and need no tools more complex than a pair of scissors to constuct. If you are going to build with catapult hook, a pair of needle nose pliers is needed, and of course a paper clip. Uhu , or Bostick Clear glues are my favourites for best use , but I also find Sullivan's craft glue works really well too. Even wood glue, if smeared thinly enough and the model allowed good time to dry, can do a really great job.
For ballast, cardboard nose pieces are used, but paperclips and blue tack also work very well.

The books are scheduled to launch on Amazon around the world, as a download edition for $4.99, and a print-on-demand edition as well.

Coming with this will be a FREE edition for anyone to download, of one aircraft type not featured in the books.

My current candidates are :
* Shorts SD-330 twin turboprop airliner
* SAAB 340
* Swearingen Metro IV

Please let me know which you would prefer to download as a freebie - all have very high performance of course.

Last edited by Deepshark; 08-20-2017 at 07:53 PM. Reason: More detail
Old 08-20-2017, 11:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
For the freebie - I'm biased, but I'd vote for the Swearingen Metro... though with a last name like mine it's probably treason not to vote for the Shorts.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:29 AM

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for that vote - The Swearingen does indeed come from San Antonio, so I understand your not unnatural bias. We even had 2 in the South African Air Force when I was a child, and there are still many kicking around throughout the world doing good solid work.

The SD-330 has the advantage of having an H-tail and so looks cooler, even if the wings are easy to design from the aeronautical engineering perspective.

I'll post photos of both shortly to make the voting easier.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
What is the current status of this project... I would really love to purchase the final product to show my support for your work!
Google Adsense