PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 02-23-2018, 11:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, CMDRTED. It’s hard to choose just one vehicle from the thousands seen in films over the past 100 years, so I’ll list a favorite in a few categories. To start off, I agree with you about the H-51 as a worthy helicopter choice. I saw, “A Land Unknown” some months ago on, if I’m not mistaken, "Svengoolie." Also, I think the H-51 was seen in the film, “Them.” Who doesn’t like a giant, drooling ant movie? Here’s my list…

Airplane. The Capelis XC-12. This real aircraft was quickly retired when it was found to be unsafe, and was sold to RKO Studios in 1939. Grounded, it was used in many films by many studios when a twin engine transport was needed. There was also a large model that went along with the real aircraft that appeared in flying sequences.

Armored Personal Carrier. The Herkimer Battle Jitney from 1999s, “Mystery Men.” Interesting movie-prop vehicle that appeared all too briefly in the film.

Ship. The Gigantic from, “The Big Broadcast of 1938.” Based on a Norman Bel Geddes design of 1932, the ship only appears in model form.

Train. Strelnikov’s Armored Train from, “Doctor Zhivago.” Watching this thing scream across the screen just before the film’s intermission is one of the highlights of the movie.

Car. The Topper Car from, “Topper.” The 1937 release featured this custom bodied roadster on a Buick chassis. I always had a thing for Marion Kirby, too.

Airship. The K-Class blimps for the Wallace Beery vehicle, “This Man’s Navy.” Not many blimp movies out there, so don’t miss this one when it comes around.

As I’ve included photographs showing vehicles and scenes from films, it should be noted that any copyright of said material remains with the owners.

All for now,

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Movie vehicles etc-aa-movie-1.jpg   Movie vehicles etc-aa-movie-2.jpg   Movie vehicles etc-aa-movie-3.jpg   Movie vehicles etc-aa-movie-4.jpg   Movie vehicles etc-aa-movie-5.jpg  

Movie vehicles etc-aa-movie-6.jpg  
Old 02-23-2018, 12:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Being mainly a car guy: Leslie Special from The Great Race; 57 Ford from Thunder Road (probably helped that my dad bought a brand new black Fairlane 500 that's the 1st new car I really remember); the Cobra Daytona Coupe that James Cann stuffs in a ditch in Redline 7000 (the shots of Ron Hornaday, Sr running a 64 Ford at Sagus Speedway are pretty cool also).
Old 02-23-2018, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dell View Post
Here is a photo of the "Thunderball" B-17.

Way cool!!

Thinking of doing your natural metal -17D in 1:100

Michael
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 02-24-2018, 06:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDRTED View Post
for those that have a favorite movie that starred whoever but are more excited about a vehicle from that movie, gpm just released a h51 helicopter. this was from an old 50's sci fi movie called "a land unknown". it was one of my favorite helicopters ever, followed by little Nellie from "you only live twice". lets try and keep the thread open with a favorite movie vehicle star, it can be land, sea air or whatever....
Love "The Land Unknown". Have it on dvd/
Have the FG version of this ‘copter. Think graphics could be altered to fit the movie versions.

JoeG