PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 09-06-2018, 12:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
JSC models for very beginners

There are 4 new models available at JSC (International webstore) for very young modellers. Each of them has got a good illustrated instruction, photo of the built model and general instructions (accessories needed for building paper model, etc.) both in Polish and English. Those models are colourful and very simple - they have up to 19 LARGE parts. JSC 801 - house, JSC 802 - the Gdansk “Jacek” Tower, JSC 803 - a carousel and JSC 804 - a truck and a car and a fragment of the road as a base. We started working on another three models, will see how it goes with those ones that we issued so far. Your opinion is important for us - what do you think - do you like the idea of extremely simple models for very beginners and do you like us to continue the series? I can assure you that models typical for JSC still will be issued. Everything is going fine, according to plan and something for you is going to be released very soon.
Attached Thumbnails
JSC models for very beginners-801-fot-domek-01.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-801-fot-domek-02.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-802-fot-baszta-jacek-01.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-802-fot-baszta-jacek-02.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-803-fot-karuzela-02.jpg  

JSC models for very beginners-803-fot-karuzela-01.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-804-fot-daf-45-01.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-804-fot-daf-45-02.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-804-fot-daf-45-03.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-801-domek-01.jpg  

JSC models for very beginners-801-domek-02.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-802-baszta-jacek-01.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-802-baszta-jacek-02.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-803-karuzela-01.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-803-karuzela-02.jpg  

JSC models for very beginners-804-daf-45-01.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-804-daf-45-02.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-804-daf-45-03.jpg   JSC models for very beginners-804-daf-45-04.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-06-2018, 04:43 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
This look like a very good idea.

I did have some ideas/comments - please see the PM I sent to you................
Old 09-06-2018, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Simple models teach basic paper modeling skills.
Thats very important and its great that you are offering these.
If you teach them, they will buy more!
Can I suggest more tubes, cylinders and cone shapes?
Old 09-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Eternal Member

Importantly, I am sure JSC would like to know if youngsters in your various countries build paper models - in other words, would there be a market in the UK, US, and other countries......
Old 09-06-2018, 11:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Are you restricting the query to youngsters?
There are senior citizens trying paper modeling for the first time (and they can benefit from beginner models).

One of the problems in North America is exposure to these hobbies.
The only way a youngster (or any age) is exposed to JSC models is by way of the Internet.
And unfortunately, that means either pirated models or a forum like this one.

When I was kid, every Mall or Shopping Plaza had a "Hobby" store selling plastic models and other hobbies.
Now they don't.
And because of that, kids (and adults) aren't exposed to the "hobbies" that I was at a young age.

In Europe, Hobby stores still exist in greater numbers, and paper models have always been part of the model scene.
Not so much over here...the only paper kits I can recall in hobby stores, would be model Railroad Buildings.

Its not that there isn't a market in North America, its just that companies like JSC will have to do a lot more work to get themselves exposed to modellers over here.

And...Its good to see JSC representing themselves on an English speaking forum and promoting themselves this way.
I hate the fact that GPM, Modelik, Halinski, etc aren't here doing the same.
Google Adsense
Old 09-06-2018, 12:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
FINALLY a Polish company gets it. ENGLISH instructions with hopefully a nice historical write up. When I built my 1:33 Nieuport Bebe was so frustrated by the poorly done instructions. If I hadn't had so much perseverance I would have given up on it halfway through.(Well that and I am cheap!)

Are you the company that has the USS Ward? If so when will it hit the streets again? You do know that December 7th is coming up do you not?
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 09-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks Dave. Some interesting suggestions and thoughts there, especially about the senior citizens.

It is good that JSC asked, and equally good that they are now getting some quality input to think over.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
Are you the company that has the USS Ward? If so when will it hit the streets again? You do know that December 7th is coming up do you not?

You're talking about 1/400 Ward? It's not available in the United States?
Great model, definitely has my recommendation, and I remember that you said 9 or 8 month ago that you want to build it too. I made my debut here with JSC's USS Ward. I hope to get back to ships one day...

About December 7th, I'm planning something special for this date but it's a top secret project. My USS Ward will be involved, that's for sure
Old 09-07-2018, 02:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Importantly, I am sure JSC would like to know if youngsters in your various countries build paper models - in other words, would there be a market in the UK, US, and other countries......
Yes - please tell me what the situation looks like in your countries.

@MichaelS - USS Ward is sold out, but will be reprinted on time and available again before 7th December

Thank you for all your replies, regards, Kasia, JSC
Old 09-07-2018, 02:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Are you restricting the query to youngsters?
There are senior citizens trying paper modeling for the first time (and they can benefit from beginner models).

One of the problems in North America is exposure to these hobbies.
The only way a youngster (or any age) is exposed to JSC models is by way of the Internet.
And unfortunately, that means either pirated models or a forum like this one.

When I was kid, every Mall or Shopping Plaza had a "Hobby" store selling plastic models and other hobbies.
Now they don't.
And because of that, kids (and adults) aren't exposed to the "hobbies" that I was at a young age.

In Europe, Hobby stores still exist in greater numbers, and paper models have always been part of the model scene.
Not so much over here...the only paper kits I can recall in hobby stores, would be model Railroad Buildings.

Its not that there isn't a market in North America, its just that companies like JSC will have to do a lot more work to get themselves exposed to modellers over here.

And...Its good to see JSC representing themselves on an English speaking forum and promoting themselves this way.
I hate the fact that GPM, Modelik, Halinski, etc aren't here doing the same.
just to re mention what was said not long ago jsc will see to us and canadian customers you just need to email them.hells bells they even sell to us in godzone
Google Adsense