PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 05-26-2021, 02:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think it would be best if you ask Wim, he will clarify all your doubts/concerns.
As Don said, it is clearly stated that the model was published in co-operation with Dutch Publisher Scaldis. It is also said in my post above, our Newsletter, and YT video. I also mentioned that the model was designed some time ago.
Please have a look at the front cover attached to this post.
We have known and worked with Scaldis for over 20 years and there is literally no day that we don't contact each other .
We would never do anything without their permission or something that would upset them in any way. We know each other, we like each other and we trust each other on a professional and personal level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans van de Pavoord View Post
There is something you should know before giving all the credit to JSC.

If it wasn't for Scaldis, this model would never have appeared on the JSC-site.

It was Scaldis who gave all the information of this unusual ship to JSC and asked them if they were willing to do this ship. The model itself exists already for quite some time and I have seen it been built by several Dutch builders. You can also find pictures on the Scaldis site. On the most beautiful built I know the ship was seperated by a glass plate into two halfs with the full hull part underwater, together with the piping and a lot of sand!! This model was shown on the exhibition of Dutch paper modellers which was held each year in November at Nieuwegein (near Utrecht). It has now been moved to a large exhibition centre at Houten, which is also near Utrecht. I hope to be there this November. You can find me at the Scaldis stand. If covid is conquered of course.

So this is not a new model, but has now been re-issued by JSC. Think twice before you order this unusual vessel. It is very difficult indeed!!!!

Hans van de Pavoordt.
Attached Thumbnails
JSC 303 Trailing suction hopper dredger GATEWAY-cover.jpg  
Old 05-26-2021, 07:29 AM

Location: I live in Leiderdorp, a little village near Leiden, The Netherlands
Total Downloaded: 2.38 GB
Gateway

How about the New Amsterdam?????
Old 05-26-2021, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
There is something you should know before giving all the credit to JSC.

If it wasn't for Scaldis, this model would never have appeared on the JSC-site.

It was Scaldis who gave all the information of this unusual ship to JSC and asked them if they were willing to do this ship. The model itself exists already for quite some time and I have seen it been built by several Dutch builders. You can also find pictures on the Scaldis site. On the most beautiful built I know the ship was seperated by a glass plate into two halfs with the full hull part underwater, together with the piping and a lot of sand!! This model was shown on the exhibition of Dutch paper modellers which was held each year in November at Nieuwegein (near Utrecht). It has now been moved to a large exhibition centre at Houten, which is also near Utrecht. I hope to be there this November. You can find me at the Scaldis stand. If covid is conquered of course.

So this is not a new model, but has now been re-issued by JSC. Think twice before you order this unusual vessel. It is very difficult indeed!!!!

Hans van de Pavoordt.
JSC state clearly in first post that this model was published in co operation with scaldis as many of their models are,I dont see what your issue is with that
Old 05-27-2021, 02:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Quote:
Hans, I am unclear about you are talking about.

This thread is about the Gateway. Perhaps start a seperate thread if you want to talk about another ship.

-------------------------

Kasia - another wonderful model, made even better by the range of accessories you offer to go with it. Sadly I am still not able to order from this side of the world yet, or it would go onto my want list as these sort of complex working ships always appeal to me!

Keep well!
Old 05-28-2021, 12:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@Kevin WS
Hello Kevin,
Thank you!!!
What "side of the world" are you living in? We can ship orders to almost all countries now
Google Adsense
Old 05-28-2021, 06:06 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Kasia - thank you. I will send you a PM!
Old 05-28-2021, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
to my knowledge JSC has never made a model of new amsterdam.