PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Kit Announcements

Old 03-20-2010, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Hi Gregor!
I bet that it is fun to see floats sliding on grass in real life. I love looking at the videos of dolly take-offs too.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Jim -
It was a hoot - the first one I saw was a 180 on floats - The guys that worked there had a ball watching my reaction 'cause no one told my this was SOP - I started hollorin' - "think this crazy ba$$tad in gonna land on his floats!" They laughed so hard they were cryin' - took me a week to live that one down! We always shipped the floats after we finished repairs - The owners flew out on tundra tires.
Gregor
Old 03-22-2010, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
I've seen that very aircraft in the museum at Ft. Eustis; looking forward to the model's release.

And the Belgian(?) Antarctic bird!

Wyvern
Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
And the Belgian(?) Antarctic bird!
Wyvern
You figured it out! Guido has modeled both of the Belgian Antarctic Birds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutzmer View Post
I was just teasing and kinda hinting that a ski add on would be cool!
The skis are now available as a free download at www.dgapapermodels.com under 'Free Stuff'.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.09 MB
I've just bought your beaver in the Argentine version "Instituto Antartico Argentino". That versions needs better pictures After my couple of Fokker's I'm going to build it.

Thanks a lot for include your beaver-tutorial in the model, I think is the best instructions for a model I've never seen.
Google Adsense
Old 03-23-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
I've just bought your beaver in the Argentine version "Instituto Antartico Argentino". That versions needs better pictures After my couple of Fokker's I'm going to build it.
I would appreciate pictures of your build very much!

Quote:
Thanks a lot for include your beaver-tutorial in the model, I think is the best instructions for a model I've never seen.
Thank you for saying so! I think that pictoral instructions are easier to make than exploded view drawings. That is why I did the same for the Otter model.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:21 AM

Big Daddy

Whether Don Boose knows it or not, I have been delaying release of the Army otter versions so that they will debut at the Army Heritage Days festivities at Carlisle PA on May 15 and 16.

I am hoping that Don and his crew have a very fun event.

Recently I have been contacted by a former Army otter driver and created another Army version of the otter for him. Now I have three versions that served with the 18th Aviation Co.

He also asked for a version in the livery of the 54th Utility Airplane Company (call sign 'Big Daddy'). If anyone has good pictorial references (or good memory), I would very much appreciate your contacting me.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Looking forward to the Army birds!

Wyvern
Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Many thanks for designing this beautiful airplane, Jim, and for your quest for historical accuracy in the markings of the ships that flew in Vietnam.

The Army birds are beauts! I'm way behind the power curve, but hope to have one of the Vietnam-era 18th Aviation Company (18th Otter) birds built in time for Army Heritage Day. And I hope to have the announcement of the Papermodelers display up in a day or so. We are getting great support from model designers and vendors, including Jim and the DGA crew and, not surprisingly, from Chris Gutzmer.

As an interim measure, here is the website for Army Heritage Day: http://www.carlisle.army.mil/ahec/HertiageDays.cfm

And here is the thread for last year's event: http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/museums-air-shows-events-get-togethers/2879-16-may-2009-army-heritage-day-paper-modelers-display.html

Kevin Stephens, Greg Perry, bomarc and the famous PBJ, and I will be there for sure and we hope that silveroxide will also be able to bring up his horse-drawn vehicles and cannon. If you live within striking distnace of Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA, we hope you will drop in and see us (and even display a model or two).

Don
Old 01-14-2011, 07:12 PM

Here is a cool picture.

My friend Kyle in Whitehorse, Yukon was very helpful critiquing my Otter model during the design phase. I have finally gotten around to sending him a completed model.

Kyle is familiar with Otters in general and this Otter in particular. He detached the floats and reattached them at the correct angle of incidence.