PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 12-03-2011, 02:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.39 MB
TARK Pyotr Velikiy

The cut-out booklet I would like to recommend you is a semi-novelty, considering the publishing lightspeed of the Ukraininan Orjol. It was published late this winter and since then several new booklets have come out. I decided to „take up” my keyboard because I have not read such an introductory review.

The topic of my presentation is the member of the ill-fated Kirov class whose future is also unpredictable. The other three members of the class are ships Kirov, Frunze and Kalinin.

The Kirov class (also known as the Orlan-programme 1973-1989)
Admiral Ushakov (ex-Kirov): due to the problems with its rockets she was withdrawn from the active fleet, waits for ovelhauling. Might be used as a spare -parts-donor for the others.
Admiral Lazaryev (ex-Frunze) – awaits her refit
Admiral Nachimov (ex-Kalinin) – under a protracting refit
The Russian government intends to recommission the Lazaryev and the Nachimov but due to the constant uncertainties of the budget, it is doubtful.

Pyotr Veliky, (Peter the Great) the gem of the Northern Fleet is presently anchored in the naval base in Syeveromorsk. Fortunatley, there has been no need to use her destructive might. She participated the ill-fated military exercise in August 2000 when the Russian Army lost the Kursk submarine.

The paper set consists of 49 pages in format DIN A3 out of which:
The 14 pages of b/w 3D assembly computer graphics were printed to a shiny paper.
The 19 pages of colour-printed parts are found on the 250 g quality paper while the ribs and other structural elements (16 pages) on plain, 80 gramm office sheets, but it is not a problem since they have to be glued to the 0.5 or 1 mm thick cardboard anyway.
The sheets were not bound or glued together but simply packed into a plastic bag.
The dominating colours of the ship are grey and brickred with a minor green surface.
It is a floating giant – the ready model is approx. 125 cm long. Colours slips cannot be detected. It is very detailed, having about 4 thousand parts.
Special delicacy is that we find bronze and silver metallic surfaces, though not many, where it is necessary.
This set is of course not recommended to beginners. The price is either not at this level. Hopefully the ship’s precision will go along it.

Mr Oryol’s publisher has come out with another masterpiece for the pleasure of all who like being occupied with superdetailed modern ships.

And since the other three members of this class are physically quite identical, it is hoped that we will meet them as cut-out-booklets in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
TARK Pyotr Velikiy-pv-cimlap.jpg   TARK Pyotr Velikiy-2011_1202nyerskepek0058.jpg   TARK Pyotr Velikiy-2011_1202nyerskepek0060.jpg   TARK Pyotr Velikiy-ezuest-feluelet.jpg   TARK Pyotr Velikiy-ezuest-feluelet-3.jpg  

Last edited by kriszme; 12-03-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 12-03-2011, 02:34 PM

Peter the Great

Here some more images.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Does anyone know of a build log for this kit, I would love to see how it comes along?

Thanks
John
Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 AM

Hello, Irishman,

Here it is, though in German:
Russ. Atomraketenkreuzer Pjotr Welikij 1:200 von Orel - Seite 21
Old 03-07-2012, 07:36 AM

Thanks Kris, I am sorry to see your copy was crumpled at the edge, Did you ask for a replacement?

John
Google Adsense
Old 03-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Hi John,
thanks for the care, but luckily they are only the surfaces with no parts. Folks in Central Europe are used to challanges. :-)))
Refards,
chris
Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Hi John,
thanks for the care but the crumpled surfaces are with no parts. Folks in Central Europe are used to challenges.
Regards,
chris
Old 03-09-2012, 06:08 AM

Well done Chris

Are you going to build it here for us to enjoy?

I have too many projects to attempt it but I really think it is a smashing kit

John
Old 03-09-2012, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I've been eyeing this one up for a while and am sorely tempted to slip it in under the radar...
Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 AM

Hi,
I'd say ha-ha if I wasn't in the same situation with paralellism. But yes, I've been thinking of building but I also have to think about the storage when it is ready. (in about a century or so -smileys, where are you?) Though it could give me a push toward the first step.
Do you want me to start it? :-)
Google Adsense