PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 03-25-2015, 07:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
hi baxter,

here a link to a build :

I am modelist Cutty Sark

Scanning is not an issue, getting correct colours output is where the fun begin. To A4 to letter you may have to reassemble parts too. Just scan full size than crop to your requirement (and do NOT resize !)
An issue I came across several times is a bad scan/print rendering. Had to fall back to cutting the book itself.

btw, If you're new to papermodeling are you sure starting with a ship this big is a good idea ? I bet for all of us our firsts models ended in the can...

@Darwin
I would extend your statement to any band and any kit prior to 2000 or not computer designed. Got some old gpm, reprint mig29 to name one, and I don't think they're good enough nowadays.

bye
Old 03-25-2015, 01:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 124.56 MB
My A4 workflow is
1. Scan full size to JPEG. My printer/scanner will take A4 paper since they sell basically the same model in Europe. Save base jpeg.
2. Adjust colors as needed. I use Photoshop CC, but any program such as Lightroom or GIMP will work. Save as PDF.
3. Print on desired paper US Letter at 90%. DO NOT Print to fit! You will get variations in the reductions and that is the start of a trip down Sadness Lane. That reduction usually doesn't affect build-ability of the model.
4. Squirrel away originals in case you have a hard drive failure or want to do a re-scan in the future.
5. Build and enjoy!
Old 03-25-2015, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
You could buy some oversized card stock and trim it to A4 size. The left over strips could then be used for other things like internal suports for some models.

Most of the scanners available in the USA can handle A4 size pages.