PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 03-14-2016, 07:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25

Not only a new model in modelik collection, but also a new model made available in paper : the French amx-10rc, the "light" reconnaissance vehicle - with a 105mm -

The model.
This is what I'm calling the new modelik series; obviously computer designed, sharp printing, now figuring, like gpm and cie, a picture of the model for cover. Plenty of pictures inside too.
This model was designed by Michal Kolodziej, which also designed among other the panhard vbl I build few months ago and I just loved it! So I'm more than confident on the quality of the design.

The kit
Print on A3 paper, standard modelik 180g / 0.22mm. It's a big model indeed. Note this one doesn't have any internal or engine part.

* cover and pictures : showing the actual model, an A3 pages with 9 colours pictures (I forgot to take photos ) showing lot of details
* instructions and history : A full A3 page, only in Polish
* 2 views side (top/left) : A full A3 page, some assembly detail too
* assembly diagrams : Maybe a weakness of the kit, not that much drawing, only 2 A3 pages, What I attached to the post is just what you got. Same with the vbl, I strongly advice you to document the parts (scan) before any cut !
* Parts : 6 A3 pages on 180g and an A4 page in 80g. sharp printing, i'm talking about colour and ink later.
* Frame : 2 A3 and an A4 pages on 80g, available as lasercut.

Colour
For this model, modelik used digital print. Colours are bright, sharp, dark black, lot of contrast. Note it is a semigloss / shiny print, really different of previous model, love/hate, that's up for debate.
But this ink has a weakness - as the warning state - many glue dissolve it ! I can confirm polyurethane / ansercoll is NOT suitable, so I have to put this model aside for now...

Laser cut
As usual I got the laser cut, and as usual it is of great quality. This set cover the previous 2 A3 and the A4 pages (including the tyres motif)

Price
model : 12.50€, laser cut : 6.25€

I was hoping to start it asap, but until I found a new (no water) glue (in Europe ) it's a no go for me, shame

bye
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6317_1.jpg   Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6318_1.jpg   Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6310_1.jpg   Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6614_1.jpg   Modelik - amx-10rc in 1:25-img_6323_1.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 03-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Wow! Great prints there. Should make for a really nice model. Looking forward to your build of it. Hope you find the correct glue soon.

Tags
model, modelik, pages, cut, sharp, cover, designed, pictures, page, print, laser, note, glue, 180g, kit, quality, full, 80g, assembly, weakness, parts, colour, ink, showing, colours