PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Kit Reviews

Old 04-23-2016, 08:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Okay, I re-checked and saw the razor blade on Post 22.

Papermate
Old 04-23-2016, 08:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Carbon rod is easy to split lengthwise. If I have to cut it into sections, I use a Dremel cut-off wheel being careful of the dust as mentioned above.

For Voodoo: I'm kind of surprised that the Firehawk has the IR suppression exhaust on it. I don't expect that they get targeted by IR missiles very often. I know it's military surplus, but every pound of unneeded equipment either reduces performance or payload.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.76 MB
It was an upgrade mod done many years ago. The baffle core can be removed from inside the exhaust, making it just cosmetic.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:09 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.32 MB
Wow! Great work, Knife! Thanks for the pictures once again!

For anyone interested in the model you can get it here or here.
Support us on Patreon
Old 04-25-2016, 10:49 AM

Here's the VH-60 (Hillary's helicopter). I built it up as if it's just being rolled off a C-5 Galaxy in preparation for the New World Order conference. I shrunk it down 57% to match the Firehawk I had built previously. The rotor blade support struts are included in the kit. The horizontal stabulator bulkheads are not in the kit, but I borrowed them from the Jayhawk model. I'm going to send a corrections sheet to Aaron, I will include the bulkheads on that sheet.Changes I made to the model include adding an IR countermeasures "disco ball" to the bottom of the fuselage, adding foam blocks separating the tail rotor blades, adding horizontal stab support struts, and intake and exhaust covers for the engines. One of the nice pleasures of building a Murph's Models kit is that all the markings line up perfectly. Notice the two white lines painted down the fuselage and over the landing gear strut covers.

Next in the building line is the Centennial version of the Jayhawk.
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3316.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3317.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3319.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3320.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-1551919.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 04-25-2016, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.01 MB
Knife, that looks spectacular! I'd love to know your process for designing the intake/exhaust covers, those add so much to the model!

Great build(s)!
Old 04-25-2016, 01:10 PM

I used the TLAR method. Take a section of card stock and cut off all parts that don't fit. That looks about right (TLAR).

By the way, my printer colored the model olive drab, the file has the model green like the photo.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM

Fresh from Coast Guard Station Astoria in the great state of Oregon, the centennial (100 years of coast guard aviation) paint version of the HH-60J Jayhawk. Best to make sure your yellow ink cartage is full before printing this model. Model is identical to Murph's Jayhawk model, other than the paint scheme. I shrunk it down 57% to create a 1/72 scale model.
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3354.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3357.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3359.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3361.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3366.jpg  

Old 04-28-2016, 01:30 PM

The Jayhawk looked a little naked without external fuel tank, so I designed some and stuck it on the model.

Here's the Murph Models H-60 family so far. Murph has a bundle offer for the H-60's (8 different models for $25) over at Murph's Models - Sikorsky S-70 Blackhawk
Attached Thumbnails
Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3370.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3371.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3373.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3374.jpg   Murph's Models Blackhawk series-img_3377.jpg  

Old 04-29-2016, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
They're all beautiful! Congrats to the designer and builder.